My one and only mock.

rickyt31

Don't feel like throwing numbers on all these contracts. Goal was to spread the money around. Only 3 players in FA would cost much. I used a combination of other draft mocks and combine predictions to make this draft order. Goal was to improve the QB surrounding and build a great defense.

RELEASED:

Skrine

Wilkerson

Forte

Ijalana

Mclendon

Burris

CAP SPACE EST.: $110M

RESIGNED:

McCown

D.Davis

Claiborne (2 year contract with a kill switch in the middle)

ASJ

FREE AGENTS

8756632-jeremiah-attaochu-nfl-preseason-

Jeremiah Attaochu - OLB

Low risk/high reward guy. Started off well when LAC ran the 34. Struggled after they switch. Just turned 25.

Feel like he would be a steal.

weston-richburg.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=1

Weston Richburg - C

Improves the oline right away. For him, he doesn't have to move. Great situation for both sides.

hi-res-af3ef4d3549b07d0a4e2124e8c40cd36_

Star Lotulelei - Tackle/ 34 DE

Surprise name here. Star was rated as the 6th best run stopping tackle.

Not only will he improve our 24th ranked run defense, he will also open things up for our LBs.

USATSI_10418199.jpg

Bashaud Breeland - #1 CB

We need a #1 CB that can stay healthy.

r86633_1296x729_16-9.jpg

Le'Veon Bell - RB

We offer him the deal he's looking for and becomes the face of this offense.

We bring him in and sign him early in hopes to not only improve the offense, but also recruit Cousins.

Cousins doesn't come, but we have a great player.

920x920.jpg

Justin Ellis - NT

Did well against the run in his short time. 330LB NT at age 27.

Camp Battle names:

DAT1Thumb.jpg

De'Anthony Thomas - KR/PR battle

recovering from a leg fracture. Will make things interesting. 1yr cuttable contract.

DRAFT:

After the Browns aquire Alex Smith. They decide not to go QB at #1 and grab Baker at #4. Giants Decide to go Darnold over Rosen to sit behind Eli.

We trade our #6 pick, Seattle's #2, 2019 2nd round (to outbid another team) to the Colts for their #3 pick.

847483306-texas-a.jpg.jpg&c=sc&w=850&h=5

1. Josh Rosen - QB

Our franchise guy.

Lorenzo+Carter+Tennessee+v+Georgia+CxpsY

2. Lorenzo Carter - OLB

He can stand up as an OLB as well as put his hand in the dirt for our 43 looks.

Braden-Smith-Sean-White-by-Butch-Dill-Ge

3. Braden Smith - OG

BPA move, but we're thrilled because he can replace Carp or Winters if needed.

13019618.jpeg

4. Micah Kiser - ILB

ILB to eventually replace Davis or Lee if he struggles. Sticking with the BPA format.

LNOUCVPOTYMCHUW.20170725212426.jpg

5. Brandon Parker  - OT

Started every year and has never given up a sack. Might jump higher, but who knows. It's early.

Should sit behind Beachum.

20171122_fbl_cole.jpg

6. Mason Cole - C/Depth

Mason has played different positions on the line. Maybe develop into a good center as

well as provide depth behind other positions.

Florida-Gators-kicker-Eddy-Pineiro-celeb

7. Eddy Pineiro - Kicker

Just look at the photo.

Maye                                                                                          Adams 

Attoachu/Carter  .  Davis  .  Lee  .  Jenkins 

Claiborne                                             Lotulelei  .   Ellis/Pennel .  Williams                                                                 Breeland

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Enunwa                                           Beachum . Carp/Smith . Richburg . Winters/Smith . Shell .           ASJ                                   Anderson

Kearse                                             Rosen/McCown

Bell

6 hours ago, ekill08x said:

This was a great offseason. I would be happy if this happened. Im still Cousins over Bell in FA and prefer to draft the RB but I thought the amount you gave up in the trade up was very fair. 

I honestly would rather draft one as well, but I can see Macc pushing hard for a star player early. He might go WR instead if Anderson and Enunwa's situations bother him enough.  

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Solid Off-Season, I think the trade up would cost more but overall could anyone be upset with this? Probably not.

Thanks. I think so as well. I was going to throw a late pick in it but wasn't sure. So I left it pretty basic. 

36 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

If this did happen I would be fine. I just don't like to trade up. I think it will cost a lot this year and one of the three will be there at 6. 

The trade up is to ensure no one jumps us. Giants thought the same thing a few years back and got jumped for Jack Conklin and Leonard Floyd and ended up with Eli Apple.

Would love this. Not sure on the compensation as it’s never a definite thing. The Colts for instance will love that trade as they still get three premium picks but more importantly could get the best OT, Barkley, Fitz or Chubb at #6. Maybe the player they would of took at #3 anyway. 

Denver can always jump us if they want a QB. It would depend on how much Mac is willing to give up.

The only other p parts of the off season that I’m not sure of would be  if Carter is a pass rusher or similar to Jenkins. I’d want to see his twitch and explosiveness numbers before hand. Also I think Cole will go much earlier. I do like taking 3 OLinemen.

All for diving head first for OL, like Rich said don't think Cole makes it that far. Like this a lot tho would choose a different Edge rusher tho, would go with the Edge from OU (Not going to attempt to spell his name at this time.)

I like this offseason a lot. I think it'll take our first second and our 2019 2nd to move up those 3 spots.  But unlike others have noted, I don't think it's far off. 

My only critic is I don't see the need to move on from McLendon.

Thanks for the Feedback. 

1. I'm going to change the 2019 pick. 

2. I didn't want to make it seem like the perfect fill in all the gaps with prospects we all love. It never works like that. So I tried to stick with what may be possible. 

3. I really don't go deep into who will fall or won't fall this early because everyone is often wrong. 

I think we're going to push for a star player. Bell made the most sense after Cousins. 

Archived