Senior Bowl

bucsfan333

@bucsfan333good work. Agree with you on a few things. 

- Davenport is raw and my knowledge him is limited. From what I saw all week, he’s a hell of an athlete but needs coaching. Lot of bull rushes. Saturday he used his hands better. Interesting to see where he goes. 7 is a bit too high for my liking.

- penny is a day three prospect that is being hyped. I read the in game and in practice scouting reports is that he misses holes and has questionable vision. While in the open field, he can do damage with the ball in his hands, you need good vision In the nfl to succeed. If coaches noticed this in practice all week, they’ll have to go to the tape and interview processes will be key. 

- the article on Wadley: I can see him being a buc or a patriot. He’s a good pass blocker, receiver and physical runner. HE reminds me of a dion Lewis. Interested to see his time but if I’m Jason Licht, Id have him on my radar for day two. 

- justin jones and Phillips are two DTs I have my eye on too. Like the most both. Good DT class  

My overall take: Jason Licht should draft to the strength of the class. This year it’s DL,G and RB. 

14 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I honestly think we'll bring back Sims. So a guy like Penny wouldn't have to worry about being a third down guy. But I'm worried drafting a guy like Penny would result in him not playing until he can pass block. Which would be a mistake.

I like sims because you can split him out wide and in the slot. He’s a nightmare as a receiver and good pass blocker. He’s no bruiser at RB. He’s a good depth player. I hope koetter and Monken can get more creative with him on toss and sweeps and screen plays. 

4 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I like sims because you can split him out wide and in the slot. He’s a nightmare as a receiver and good pass blocker. He’s no bruiser at RB. He’s a good depth player. I hope koetter and Monken can get more creative with him on toss and sweeps and screen plays. 

If we could run him out of the gun more than once every few weeks, it would help our third down offense quite a bit.

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

@bucsfan333good work. Agree with you on a few things. 

- Davenport is raw and my knowledge him is limited. From what I saw all week, he’s a hell of an athlete but needs coaching. Lot of bull rushes. Saturday he used his hands better. Interesting to see where he goes. 7 is a bit too high for my liking.

- penny is a day three prospect that is being hyped. I read the in game and in practice scouting reports is that he misses holes and has questionable vision. While in the open field, he can do damage with the ball in his hands, you need good vision In the nfl to succeed. If coaches noticed this in practice all week, they’ll have to go to the tape and interview processes will be key. 

- the article on Wadley: I can see him being a buc or a patriot. He’s a good pass blocker, receiver and physical runner. HE reminds me of a dion Lewis. Interested to see his time but if I’m Jason Licht, Id have him on my radar for day two. 

- justin jones and Phillips are two DTs I have my eye on too. Like the most both. Good DT class  

My overall take: Jason Licht should draft to the strength of the class. This year it’s DL,G and RB. 

Davenport has a ton of potential. He shows a ton of upside with his hands, strength, and speed. He has a massive frame. Imagine him with another 15lbs of muscle. But I don't think he can really contribute right away. And our entire regime doesn't have the time to see a guy like Davenport all the way through.

I liked what I saw from Penny. He only had like five or so carries. But each one was one cut and go. And he lowered his shoulder to finish every run. He had a drop but it was thrown behind him on an out route, so you can't really fault him. I thought he had decent burst. He's not 4.4 fast, but he's fast enough.

Wadley didn't really impress me. But I think that's probably because the dline he played against was so damn good. It was hard to really see him when he was only able to squeeze out a yard or two before he was swallowed up.

Poona Ford was another DT who made a couple plays. He's small for a DT and not really what Mike Smith looks for. But he stood out to me.

Archived