Post Game/NFC Championship Talk

bzane

Just now, Deadpulse said:

The Jags have a better one and they were handled well

Eagles have better depth and better pass rushing interior rushers. Campbell is really good but Darius and their other guys are just run stuffers. Eagles can get that inside push which can frustrate Brady. 

But we got two weeks to obnoxiously break this down

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not to mention Brandon Graham is definitely better than any edge rusher the Jags have.

Really? Because Calais Campbell had 5 more sacks and Yannick Ngakoue had 3.5 more. Calais had 2 less TFL but was more active in the run game as whole. Yannick also had 11 to BG's 16. I would place say Campbell clearly had a better year and Yannick had a comparable one. Hell even Malik Jackson, their interior rush threat, only had half a sack less than Graham. Throw in Fowler to that mix and they provide a much more prevalent pass rush threat than Graham and Cox do. This isnt to say that your defense is not good, they are great. Jacksonville had a next level pass rush however, and no one else compares. 

Really? Because Calais Campbell had 5 more sacks and Yannick Ngakoue had 3.5 more. Calais had 2 less TFL but was more active in the run game as whole. Yannick also had 11 to BG's 16. I would place say Campbell clearly had a better year and Yannick had a comparable one. Hell even Malik Jackson, their interior rush threat, only had half a sack less than Graham. Throw in Fowler to that mix and they provide a much more prevalent pass rush threat than Graham and Cox do. This isnt to say that your defense is not good, they are great. Jacksonville had a next level pass rush however, and no one else compares. 

Sacks aren't the only way to judge a player. He gets a ton of pressure and is a beast against the run.

Not saying Ngakoue isn't good, because he certainly is, but he isn't as dominant as Graham is yet.

Campbell had a beast season, but I still think Cox is just as good.

As for  the unit as a whole I'm not sure how you can say no one else compares considering we got the most pressure by far.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Sacks aren't the only way to judge a player. He gets a ton of pressure and is a beast against the run.

Not saying Ngakoue isn't good, because he certainly is, but he isn't as dominant as Graham is yet.

Campbell had a beast season, but I still think Cox is just as good.

As for  the unit as a whole I'm not sure how you can say no one else compares considering we got the most pressure by far.

Not sure I am all that concerned with pressures, as Brady thrives under it. QB hits and sacks are the stats to measure on the pass rush success against the patriots. Do you have that number?

The thing that scares me more is the Eagles run defense, honestly. 

Not sure I am all that concerned with pressures, as Brady thrives under it. QB hits and sacks are the stats to measure on the pass rush success against the patriots. Do you have that number?

The thing that scares me more is the Eagles run defense, honestly. 

I know we weren't a top team in sacks. Not sure about hits though.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I know we weren't a top team in sacks. Not sure about hits though.

Couldnt find the number myself. Pressure means little if you can't knock Brady on his back. He moves in the pocket like he is on ice skates unless he gets contacted. Then he crumbles like a dried out piece of TP. 

Couldnt find the number myself. Pressure means little if you can't knock Brady on his back. He moves in the pocket like he is on ice skates unless he gets contacted. Then he crumbles like a dried out piece of TP. 

I'm well aware of how good Brady is at maneuvering in the pocket lol

Anyways I'm looking forward to a good game.

Belichick and Pederson gonna be playing 4D chess out there.

Archived