Defense - Raising the Barr

vike daddy

2 hours ago, disaacs said:

I always thought they would do so even before, but now he's making the case for bigger money than that, like Robert Quinn money ($14-$15M per year)

Not a chance. Barr is not a pass rusher but an off ball LB. I think his value is about where Jamie Collins is at. 

Drive-by-drive blow of the Ravens game
3 plays, -3 yards (punt)
9 plays, 35 yards (FG)
5 plays, 8 yards (punt)
6 plays 33 yards (FG)
3 plays, 9 yards (punt)
5 plays, 27 yards (half)
3 plays, -9 yards (punt)
10 plays, 46 yards (FG)
3 plays, -9 yards (punt)
6 plays, 22 yards (punt)
14 plays, 68 yards (TD)

32.6% of the Ravens' yardage on Sunday came in the game's final drive. 
87.5% of the Ravens' yardage on Sunday came in their four scoring possessions.

16 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Not a chance. Barr is not a pass rusher but an off ball LB. I think his value is about where Jamie Collins is at. 

That may be true, but I'm not sure where the cap number will be yet 2 years from now.  Collins is at $12.5M.  If the cap jumps a bit, $14M isn't that much of a leap, especially since Barr is already going to be making Jamie Collins money next season.  Rhodes got more than his 5th year option, if he continues, I see Barr getting the same.   

6 hours ago, Klomp said:

Drive-by-drive blow of the Ravens game
3 plays, -3 yards (punt)
9 plays, 35 yards (FG)
5 plays, 8 yards (punt)
6 plays 33 yards (FG)
3 plays, 9 yards (punt)
5 plays, 27 yards (half)
3 plays, -9 yards (punt)
10 plays, 46 yards (TD)
3 plays, -9 yards (punt)
6 plays, 22 yards (punt)
14 plays, 68 yards (TD)

32.6% of the Ravens' yardage on Sunday came in the game's final drive. 
87.5% of the Ravens' yardage on Sunday came in their four scoring possessions.

I feel like this isn't correct, but I'm probably just looking at it wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017102207/2017/REG7/ravens@vikings#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000866048&tab=analyze

22 minutes ago, disaacs said:

That may be true, but I'm not sure where the cap number will be yet 2 years from now.  Collins is at $12.5M.  If the cap jumps a bit, $14M isn't that much of a leap, especially since Barr is already going to be making Jamie Collins money next season.  Rhodes got more than his 5th year option, if he continues, I see Barr getting the same.   

Rhodes wasn’t a top 10 pick, where his 5th year option is equal to the transition tag number. 

25 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Not sure where that info came from, but I know that the Ravens didn't score a TD until the very end of the game. SEeing a TD listed somewhere else pretty much makes me disregard the rest of the information.

6 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Not sure where that info came from, but I know that the Ravens didn't score a TD until the very end of the game. SEeing a TD listed somewhere else pretty much makes me disregard the rest of the information.

That was user input error. I meant to type FG. But go ahead and disregard everything because I'm not perfect and I made a mistake going back and forth between tabs.

11 — Tackles for loss by the Vikings defense in Sunday’s win against Baltimore; that was the third-most total in a game so far in 2017; Eric Kendricks led Minnesota with four TFLs.

208 — Yards allowed by the Vikings defense on Sunday against Baltimore; It was the lowest total by a Minnesota defense since Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer took over in 2014.

57 — Career sacks for both Brian Robison and Griffen; the duo is tied for ninth all-time in franchise history; Kevin Williams is eighth with 60 career sacks.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/10-Vikings-Browns-Numbers-of-Note-London-Game-is-4000-Miles-from-Home/0bce3b66-b553-4d65-9dac-d675fdc26f20?sf125192668=1

The Jaguars announced Wednesday night that they have signed linebacker Telvin Smith to a four-year extension. A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the deal is worth up to $50 million.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21159478/jacksonville-jaguars-sign-linebacker-telvin-smith-four-year-50-million-contract-extension

There's the first guy that could help set the "barr" for Anthony's new contract.  

Archived