The offseason

pwny

Im suprised to read so many bad comments on Marquise Lee ! Yes im aware of his drops. But i cant forget all those catches he made ! And considering our QB, strength and weakness, a guy like him who catches so many balls in intermediate routes, crossing routes, is very valuable. My opinion.

About the offseason. With Stafford available i would say "TAKE him" but who will be available ? Cousins is probably better than Blake but that much better ? 100+ millions for Cousins ? I do not think that would be a dream scenario. Can we have Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield ? No. Giving up on a high draft pick to take Alex Smith ? Id say NO. With an Alex Smith free-agent okay/why not but not if we need to give a 2nd round pick.

Bortles had very good POs games, he showed leadership too so i want him back. Nothing against a QB via the draft though, if Josh Allen slides in the 1st or someone later but BOrtles as the starter in 2018. Then the Oline, right side. And it is a great year to take a TE via the draft. Some depth at LB and CB depending on Colvin. A safety ? Not a pressing need but Church isn't young and Gipson good but not great.

Im a Raiders' fan since i dont know, 20 years ? And a Jags' fan since about 5/6. I saw them play live twice and kind of fell in love. I like Khan, i like Caldwell's choices, i like the duvaaal mindset, you cant count me on the Jags' fans on this site.

If Hurns is kept he likely gets restructured, no? I just don't see paying a guy with his injury concerns/production since giving him the contract that much...

Love the guy, hope he sticks around, but seems to be a little much as far as $$ goes.

13 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Im suprised to read so many bad comments on Marquise Lee ! Yes im aware of his drops. But i cant forget all those catches he made ! And considering our QB, strength and weakness, a guy like him who catches so many balls in intermediate routes, crossing routes, is very valuable. My opinion.

About the offseason. With Stafford available i would say "TAKE him" but who will be available ? Cousins is probably better than Blake but that much better ? 100+ millions for Cousins ? I do not think that would be a dream scenario. Can we have Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield ? No. Giving up on a high draft pick to take Alex Smith ? Id say NO. With an Alex Smith free-agent okay/why not but not if we need to give a 2nd round pick.

Bortles had very good POs games, he showed leadership too so i want him back. Nothing against a QB via the draft though, if Josh Allen slides in the 1st or someone later but BOrtles as the starter in 2018. Then the Oline, right side. And it is a great year to take a TE via the draft. Some depth at LB and CB depending on Colvin. A safety ? Not a pressing need but Church isn't young and Gipson good but not great.

Im a Raiders' fan since i dont know, 20 years ? And a Jags' fan since about 5/6. I saw them play live twice and kind of fell in love. I like Khan, i like Caldwell's choices, i like the duvaaal mindset, you cant count me on the Jags' fans on this site.

this is good but I'm just here to say Zappa is bae

53 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

WR will be very interesting to see how those 3 play out. I hope we can lock up Arob long term. Dont want to tag him

What's wrong with the tag for ARob if they can't get a deal worked out?  There's a ton of uncertainty when a guy is coming back from a serious injury like that...which makes a longer-term deal a real risk for the Jaguars.  And from ARob's end, i can't imagine why he'd settle for anything less than the sort of DeAndre Hopkins/Devante Adams/Alshon Jeffery type money, with significant guarantees.  If healthy, he'll absolutely be able to earn something into that neighbourhood.  Do you really want to give him that sort of money without even knowing he'll be coming back healthy and the same player he was before?

55 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

If Hurns is kept he likely gets restructured, no? I just don't see paying a guy with his injury concerns/production since giving him the contract that much...

Love the guy, hope he sticks around, but seems to be a little much as far as $$ goes.

It is a bit much probably, and being out of the dead money makes it an interesting possibility.  But how/why would you even restructure it?  How do you get Hurns to go for that, without actually making things worse overall for the cap?

Archived