The offseason

pwny

Bored Vikings fan that lives in Florida here. One of my buddies is a huge Jags fan and I like the team myself. Interesting statistic I found is that, despite the 10-6 season, the Jags actually had the second most negative differential between their Pythagorean Expected Wins and their Actual Wins. Only the Browns were worse.

Jags              11.85 -1.85
Browns            3.35 -3.35

Future is bright, and should be much better next year.

3 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

Bored Vikings fan that lives in Florida here. One of my buddies is a huge Jags fan and I like the team myself. Interesting statistic I found is that, despite the 10-6 season, the Jags actually had the second most negative differential between their Pythagorean Expected Wins and their Actual Wins. Only the Browns were worse.

Jags              11.85 -1.85
Browns            3.35 -3.35

Future is bright, and should be much better next year.

Lots of good things as a potential if we can’t fill out the roster and get some upward momentum out of our offense.

On 1/25/2018 at 2:24 PM, iPwn said:

I wouldn’t mind if it’s filled through Free Agency tbh.

We’re not really looking for a full time starter capable player, so there’s a market for those types going to be available. Jerick McKinnon, Alfred Blue, Branden Oliver; that talent level. Those specific guys don’t fit the exact role I’m talking about, but the general “give them a spot start, hand them the ball in situational roles” types are pretty plentiful. 

You can get a lot of these types for around an 800k one year contract; and they’re 25-26 years old coming off their first deal or maybe a couple one year deals, so there isn’t enough miles or injuries on them to worry about looking old.

If we can throw a contract at a RB who might be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart, and then use that 6th round pick for depth elsewhere, I’m not against it.

Yeah.  I don't necessarily mind potentially filling that spot with a FA.  It's one thing if you're looking for a starting RB where you really worry about overpaying or getting somebody with their legs all worn out soon into the deal.  It's something else if you're just looking for those "decent rotational guy" types.  The market for them is so soft, they usually don't command much money at all, and you're probably getting a guy who has been coached up in the NFL, as opposed to a college guy where some of them will require a bit of time to get up to speed and learn some of the protection stuff, etc.

Also, looking at the draft this year...it doesn't feel like it's exactly loaded with the "type" of power back we'd ideally want.  All in all, gives the impression of a lot of smaller scat back/change of pace explosive types (Grant role) more than anything.

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

From?

I think we all knew this was coming. Can't pay everyone.

Really depends on what he's asking.  If he wants bigtime starting outside CB money, it's hard to see how they could afford to bring him back.  Kinda wish he'd take a shorter term deal at decent money where they can part ways when the cap crunch really starts to come down, just to stay a part of something special here.  But obviously he's gotta look out for himself, protect against injuries and all that.  I'm sure he already knows that fairly accurately considering the Senior Bowl injury to kick off his career and stuff.

Sad though.  He is a bigtime part of our secondary.  Not gonna be that easy to replace.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Really depends on what he's asking.  If he wants bigtime starting outside CB money, it's hard to see how they could afford to bring him back.  Kinda wish he'd take a shorter term deal at decent money where they can part ways when the cap crunch really starts to come down, just to stay a part of something special here.  But obviously he's gotta look out for himself, protect against injuries and all that.  I'm sure he already knows that fairly accurately considering the Senior Bowl injury to kick off his career and stuff.

Sad though.  He is a bigtime part of our secondary.  Not gonna be that easy to replace.

Yea really hoping he gives us a break since we kept our word but i dont expect it. He is going to get overpaid i expect. We gotta be able to keep Ramsey 

I was hard on this man (or kid) after last season but he definitely improved his game and it showed on the field.

Like the article mentions, with guys like Campbell, Dareus and Malik already making lots of $ and Ngakoue due for an extension after next season, can they afford to give Fowler that 5th year option? That 5th year option won’t be cheap.

Kaye talks about the idea of trading him. I don’t know how I feel about that. I would understand it if they did but it’d be a tough pill to swallow. DFJ isn’t close to being a finished product.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea really hoping he gives us a break since we kept our word but i dont expect it. He is going to get overpaid i expect. We gotta be able to keep Ramsey 

????

The only thing coming to mind is when Gus told Colvin after the injury at the Senior Bowl that he was going to make sure the kid would become a Jaguar. But Gus is gone, so I don’t see that being relevant. Am I missing something?

Archived