Blake Bortles and the future at Quarterback

pwny

32 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

3. Keenum - Only bad game was against PHI

4. Bridgewater - Would be able to step in and takeover the offense with a different dynamic and has a better arm then bortles

5. Bradford - Played lights out before his injury. 

On the flip side

Keenum has one good season in his career. Very possibly is fool’s gold.

Bridgewater is coming back from an injury we’ve literally never seen before. No one knows how that’s going to hold up.

Has anything come out on Bradford’s degenerative knee issue? Last I heard, there was serious concerns his knee might never get back to 100%. With his injury history, that’s a big risk.

If they are in love with one of the top guys, go for it. I just hope it isn’t Barkley or Allen.

I think it’s more likely we trade out of the 1st round rather than trading up though.

As for Blake, if they do stick with him, they need to bring in serious competition to compete with him. Not Chad Henne. Not Jordan Palmer. Not Todd Bouman.

Yup, Cousins or bust as far as FA goes imo.

Again though, I'm all in on Bortles for next year and bringing in more weapons/getting ARob back. Draft a guy in first 3-4 rounds to back him up, earlier if a guy you like a lot (Lamar, Rudolph, etc.).

18 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

If they are in love with one of the top guys, go for it. I just hope it isn’t Barkley or Allen.

I think it’s more likely we trade out of the 1st round rather than trading up though.

As for Blake, if they do stick with him, they need to bring in serious competition to compete with him. Not Chad Henne. Not Jordan Palmer. Not Todd Bouman.

I'm all for bringing in a young guy to groom/learn, but no one besides Cousins/Smith (who is now off the market) is playing better QB than Blake on the market.

Blake isn't a good QB, but he's also not a bad QB. He played this year with a UDFA, 4th rd pick, and Lee (who had serious drop issues) as his top targets. 

2 minutes ago, MJD4MVP5455 said:

The only bad thing is 2019 qb draft class looks...not great. So hopefully one way or another we have our long term guy this offseason.

Still think Blake can be that guy. He showed it at times this year. Just was very inconsistent.

Hopefully getting ARob back, drafting a TE (it will happen, how early/who we get is the question (hopefully one of Goeddert, Gesicki, Andrews, Hurst, probably more once I dig deeper but these jump out as of now), and maybe getting an upgrade/improvement along the OL should help. Plus, another year in the system and hopefully the coaches allowing him to do more should help. He was restricted too much at times. I'm all for having him in the game manager role with our D/run game, but come on. 

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Still think Blake can be that guy. He showed it at times this year. Just was very inconsistent.

Hopefully getting ARob back, drafting a TE (it will happen, how early/who we get is the question (hopefully one of Goeddert, Gesicki, Andrews, Hurst, probably more once I dig deeper but these jump out as of now), and maybe getting an upgrade/improvement along the OL should help. Plus, another year in the system and hopefully the coaches allowing him to do more should help. He was restricted too much at times. I'm all for having him in the game manager role with our D/run game, but come on. 

He could be for sure, just saying that if it doesn't work then we could be looking at 2020 for the qb heir

Just now, MJD4MVP5455 said:

He could be for sure, just saying that if it doesn't work then we could be looking at 2020 for the qb heir

Yeah, definitely scary not knowing for sure right now.

Feel like we would have been in the same situation with any QB besides Kirk. Even he isn't a top 10 guy though I don't think, but definitely good enough to win with (although I think Blake showed he could as well with UDFA/4th round pick as the top two WR options basically). 

I'm just looking forward to the continued progress hopefully with Blake. 

Archived