Sign in to follow this  
Buffalo Fan

Comp pick?

Just thought I'd get your opinion on if you think the Buffalo Bills will get any Comp picks?  I think we deserve two Gilmoure probably a 3rd round pick and Woods probably a 6 or 7th rounder?  Thoughts?

Believe we are gonna get a late round pick... We would have needed to cut Ryan Davis, Stephen Haushska or another signing in order to get a 3rd.

Ryan Davis
Stephen Hauschka
Andre Holmes
Micah Hyde
Jordan Poyer
Patrick Dimarco
Vlad Ducasse

That is who we signed.

Gilmore, Woods, Goodwin and Zach Brown is who we lost. I don't think we are getting a comp pick at all as our net gain was way higher then our net loss.

Edited by Trentwannabe

If you check out the NFL website along with OverTheCap they are usually able to predict pretty well on who will get any picks and we aren't even in the equation to receive any this year unfortunately. 

As for 2019, Beane has said multiple times lately that this is something he is aware of and will effect how they approach free agency. 

He knows if we lose one or both of Gaines and Brown, we could be looking at an extra 3rd next year.

No. We definitely won't get any. It was figured in detail a couple of months ago and would have had to cut 3 players which we didn't.

This has already been set in stone bills will not be getting a comp pick. Ryan Davis, Vlad Ducasse, Dimarco and/or Hausch would have been cut in order to land a 3rd rd pick. Since they didnt cut these guys at the time period the bills did not earn any extra compensation for the draft.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

This has already been set in stone bills will not be getting a comp pick. Ryan Davis, Vlad Ducasse, Dimarco and/or Hausch would have been cut in order to land a 3rd rd pick. Since they didnt cut these guys at the time period the bills did not earn any extra compensation for the draft.

That's what I don't get... We needed to cut players to get a 3rd... But we didn't so shouldn't we be given a 7th or a 6th. Makes no sense. It was a 3rd or nothing???

15 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

That's what I don't get... We needed to cut players to get a 3rd... But we didn't so shouldn't we be given a 7th or a 6th. Makes no sense. It was a 3rd or nothing???

The value ie. 3rd vs 7th is linked to the value of the contracts of the players you lose, but to get any at all you need the the right number of players lost vs gained. The 3rd was linked to Gilmore, but that became irrelevant as we gained too many players