D.J. Alexander Traded for Kevin Pierre-Louis

Jakuvious

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article164168992.html

I'll be entirely honest, I know absolutely nothing whatsoever about Kevin Pierre-Louis. My instinct is to be unhappy about this. I'm assuming the trade means they think KPL can push for some actual defensive snaps, because I can't imagine there being a better special teamer at LB than Alexander. Alexander definitely struggled in the time he got at ILB, but he made some really crucial blocks on some of Hill's bigger returns last year. KPL has mostly just been a special teams guy for Seattle, so if that's all we get, I'm not a fan of the move. Not a huge deal, but still not a fan of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the trade. KPL is stronger, faster than DJA. A previous poster (seattle?) mentioned KPL can cover TE's. If so, this is a win, win deal for the Chiefs. They get a ST replacement who can do what DJA could not - cover the TE. The Chiefs defense was attacked relentlessly over the middle with the TE. Maybe this will slow down.

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

I like the trade. KPL is stronger, faster than DJA. A previous poster (seattle?) mentioned KPL can cover TE's. If so, this is a win, win deal for the Chiefs. They get a ST replacement who can do what DJA could not - cover the TE. The Chiefs defense was attacked relentlessly over the middle with the TE. Maybe this will slow down.

We were a top ten team in defending against TEs last year, statistically. 6th in catches against, 10th in yards against, 6th in TDs against. 5th in targets against.

I've seen a few Chiefs fans express this sentiment, and it's just not true. We had one bad game against a TE in the playoffs and that's all anyone seems to remember. That was the only time we allowed more than 55 yards to a TE.

Archived