Senior Bowl Thread

CalhounLambeau

4 hours ago, G08 said:

@BleedTheClock @TVScout Davenport's height doesn't concern you? I like my EDGE rushers closer to 6'2" than 6'7" for leverage purposes.

Not saying this is right or wrong, but look at the guys who tend to go high, however. They usually fit a prototype of 6'4+ #260+ monsters who can move. It's not set in stone, obviously, but these guys are the big money makers at DE/OLB. http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/de

They also tend to be the top sackers, which is pretty well supported by looking at the top guys this year. If you go back a few years, you'll find Beasley, Miller, Mack, etc, on the shorter end of the spectrum, but they also have special explosiveness. The league seems to prioritize big guys with long arms and good movement skills. 

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=SACKS&season=2017&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=0&qualified=false&Submit=Go

On 1/29/2018 at 2:05 PM, G08 said:

@BleedTheClock @TVScout Davenport's height doesn't concern you? I like my EDGE rushers closer to 6'2" than 6'7" for leverage purposes.

No. There are plenty of long DE's that can bend the edge. Myles Garrett is 6'5 and bends the edge just fine. Davenport might actually be better gaining 20 pounds and playing a base 4-3 DE.

I have no issues with tall edge rushers. I actually prefer them to be long. Anything under 6'3 is a negative to me unless you're planning on being a 3-4 OLB. You need length to lock out OT's and set the edge.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I watched the senior bowl for the 4rth time today and I think Mason Cole just dominated. Does anyone else feel this way? Does anyone see him being a starting center in the NFL? Also I missed much action from Austin Golson? I know he practiced well during the east-west week but didn't see how he did during senior bowl week? any input

Archived