Senior Bowl Thread

CalhounLambeau

6 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Excellent measurable for Tyrell. His knock was that he was sorta a 'try hard' with good technique but below average NFL measurable. I think he just knocked that evaluation down a notch. I think this kid is a low R1 talent. I take him over Mike McGlinchey without hesitation.

I disagree, he's clearly no better than #40 overall.   All 39 teams picking ahead of 40 would be nuts to even consider him.

:D

53 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

It's so hard to gauge on tape. I can't do it anymore. I'm wrong constantly.

His upper arm is short, so it's understandable that his arms would look short, especially since he wears a quarter sleeve that covers part of his upper arm.

I disagree, he's clearly no better than #40 overall.   All 39 teams picking ahead of 40 would be nuts to even consider him.

Ok deal.

Seriously though, I am struggling to understand why he isn't touted as a higher pick. Some still have him in R3. He has the height, length, huge paws.

Going off the eye test, he is a high effort, powerful run blocker who wins his 1v1 matchups and has the requisite athleticism to make second level blocks. He isn't asked to block long when in pass protection, and may have slightly slow feet, but he didn't look horrible and his PFF pass blocking grade is tremendous. That's my primary issue, how long can he mirror in pass pro because Oregon was so quick hitting that their QB had the ball out in under, say, 2 seconds most of the time. But his technique is good, stays pretty low, keeps his motor running, etc. And the guy is a hell of a high character prospect. I think he can be a plug/play RT. He reminds me of Ja'Wuan James a bit.

He checks all the boxes other than elite feet in pass protection, and I think he can be passable there with effort and technique to accommodate.

2 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Ok deal.

Seriously though, I am struggling to understand why he isn't touted as a higher pick. Some still have him in R3. He has the height, length, huge paws.

Going off the eye test, he is a high effort, powerful run blocker who wins his 1v1 matchups and has the requisite athleticism to make second level blocks. He isn't asked to block long when in pass protection, and may have slightly slow feet, but he didn't look horrible and his PFF pass blocking grade is tremendous. That's my primary issue, how long can he mirror in pass pro because Oregon was so quick hitting that their QB had the ball out in under, say, 2 seconds most of the time. But his technique is good, stays pretty low, keeps his motor running, etc. And the guy is a hell of a high character prospect. I think he can be a plug/play RT. He reminds me of Ja'Wuan James a bit.

He checks all the boxes other than elite feet in pass protection, and I think he can be passable there with effort and technique to accommodate.

To be fair, people had him pegged as a RT - no LT potential.   This changes things quite a bit.  

I do think he'd have to show elite athleticism to break into the top 3 T taken though.   For better or worse, Williams/Brown/McGlinchey have established themselves as the top 3, barring major medical issues / horrendous Combine.   It's hard to break a label. 

I still want Crosby to play G.  One, I forgot who, said that Oregon's OL skill set was almost always out of whack. That may explain why Jake Fisher and Kyle Long were only T/G that went 2nd round or higher since 2005 (G Adam Sydner was taken in very bottom 3rd).

For me, I will use 2nd round pick on him and put him in G to start his rookie season. After that, who knows he will end up LT or permanent G.

TE Dallas Goedert has scored the perfect measurements. Now let's see if he can move swiftly.

DE/OLB Marcus Davenport checked in almost 260.  Thank god.  I thought he is leaner than that. Come to Jets.

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

I actually disagree, I actually like him, just keep him out of space (if that makes any sense). I still thinks he has upside

McCray was a problem for Michigan this year...Devin Gil was better in the limited snaps he had. It's a lot easier to say "keep him out of space" in the NFL. That's basically just a backup role in the NFL these days. He's painfully slow, you can't really use him in coverage, but he's also not a great blitzer and can't rush the edge. All he's really good for is occupying blocks so someone else can make the tackle.

13 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

McCray was a problem for Michigan this year...Devin Gil was better in the limited snaps he had. It's a lot easier to say "keep him out of space" in the NFL. That's basically just a backup role in the NFL these days. He's painfully slow, you can't really use him in coverage, but he's also not a great blitzer and can't rush the edge. All he's really good for is occupying blocks so someone else can make the tackle.

Well, I know his film is a lot better last year than it was this year, I know that for sure. 

13 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I told ya'll, Crosby was being slept on. He's actually super athletic, too. 

He has a good amount of hype on this board. The main questions on him center around the offense, although I think those questions are overblown to a degree. His technique is also a bit unconventional. He never takes a vertical set like most pro linemen are taught and instead is more of a jump-stepper; which isn't necessarily a bad thing because that's how Tyron Smith sets up too.

Just now, Rich7sena said:

He has a good amount of hype on this board. The main questions on him center around the offense, although I think those questions are overblown to a degree. His technique is also a bit unconventional. He never takes a vertical set like most pro linemen are taught and instead is more of a jump-stepper; which isn't necessarily a bad thing because that's how Tyron Smith sets up too.

Tyron Smith mixes up his sets...he goes vertical, he goes straight 45, he does a mixture of both. He doesn't just jump people...

Tyrell Crosby doesn't always jump guys, he likes starting off at 45 then going vertical. It just might look like he's jumping them because he doesn't get much depth with his vertical steps (although, he doesn't really have to if he's starting off at a 45). Not all NFL OT's take a pure vertical set because it's damn hard to do it right.

Archived