Senior Bowl Thread

CalhounLambeau

3 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I don't think he was late or lying or anything but this type of reactionary response is exactly why I am wary on the kid.

He could have simply said 'Mom was in the hospital, cant wait to get to the Senior Bowl tomorrow' or something but he took the immature road like he nearly ALWAYS does.

I still don't dock players that much for this type of stuff when scouting, but its annoying as hell and piles up over time.

His response was perfect and has no barring on his ability to play Quarterback. People are going to have to realize that these guys are human and twitter users can't just say what they want to or about them without getting some response potentially.

I had no idea Tre'Quan Smith was even in this. That's dope. 34 1/2" arms too. I wonder how his speed compares to Chark. The Senior Bowl should have races.

Was hoping James Washington was 6'0, but nice arm length and weight for him. Gallup has midget arms for his height.

Ateman has small hands for his size.

I hope Dallas Goedert doesn't get drafted by Dallas.

27 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'm intrigued by OT Brandon Parker

At his size and measurables, he's intriguing - but man, he looked sluggish out there today.   Griffin just ran circles around him, and he got rag dolled on another run.   Hopefully it's just nerves, not many guys out there with his toolkit.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

At his size and measurables, he's intriguing - but man, he looked sluggish out there today.   Griffin just ran circles around him, and he got rag dolled on another run.   Hopefully it's just nerves, not many guys out there with his toolkit.

Honestly, I saw that when I watched a few cut ups of him at NCAT too.  I just don't think he's that athletic, just huge and powerful.

11 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Ok deal.

Seriously though, I am struggling to understand why he isn't touted as a higher pick. Some still have him in R3. He has the height, length, huge paws.

Going off the eye test, he is a high effort, powerful run blocker who wins his 1v1 matchups and has the requisite athleticism to make second level blocks. He isn't asked to block long when in pass protection, and may have slightly slow feet, but he didn't look horrible and his PFF pass blocking grade is tremendous. That's my primary issue, how long can he mirror in pass pro because Oregon was so quick hitting that their QB had the ball out in under, say, 2 seconds most of the time. But his technique is good, stays pretty low, keeps his motor running, etc. And the guy is a hell of a high character prospect. I think he can be a plug/play RT. He reminds me of Ja'Wuan James a bit.

He checks all the boxes other than elite feet in pass protection, and I think he can be passable there with effort and technique to accommodate.

Crosby is one of my favorite OTs but I think your assessment is very wrong.  He’s huge, nasty, powerful, and moves well for his size but his technique is awful.  He rarely uses a kick slide and he has this weird tendency to kind of back into defenders instead of blocking them.

48 minutes ago, RandomCampBody said:

I do love how Mayock and DJ where giving Allen a pass saying he throws the ball so hard nobody can catch it.

Like throwing a catchable ball isn't a trait a good QB should have.

Its really not.  Favre was known to straight up break fingers in PRACTICE.  Qb needs to get the ball there on time, Wrs job is to catch it and it doesnt really matter how hard its thrown.  Whenever you hear somebody say a qb throws a catchable ball, its a colliquism for "hes got a weak arm"

35 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Its really not.  Favre was known to straight up break fingers in PRACTICE.  Qb needs to get the ball there on time, Wrs job is to catch it and it doesnt really matter how hard its thrown.  Whenever you hear somebody say a qb throws a catchable ball, its a colliquism for "hes got a weak arm"

I Disagree, there are times when you just have to fit it in there no matter what but if WR's can't catch the balls you throw on a regular basses whether it's a lack of touch or inaccurate which Allen is both it's a problem.

Just now, RandomCampBody said:

I Disagree, there are times when you just have to fit it in there no matter what but if WR's can't catch the balls you throw on a regular basses whether it's a lack of touch or inaccurate which Allen is both it's a problem.

Accuracy is an issue, no question.  Touch is really more about accuracy anyway, remember we are talking about getting it there on time.  If my qb is throwing it thru the wrs hands, i need new wrs.

Archived