2018 Free Agents

gopherwrestler

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

~$57M in cap space heading into next year, I certainly don’t see why they couldn’t. 

The Vikes are going to have to devote $20m or so to Diggs and Kendricks very soon, probably this offseason. Throw in one of the free agent QBs, that's $30-$35m chewed up.

Paying one free agent roughly half of what is available seems impractical. 

35 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Cook, later round rookie, and Murray should be completely fine.

Now, go sign Brees....get some DL/OL/DB depth and dust off our trophy case for 2018!

As much as I like Brees, I'm not signing a 40-yr old, who despite his brilliance against the Vikings in the 2nd half, clearly is not the same player he was even 3 years ago.  I think he's on the verge of falling off a cliff.  

3 minutes ago, disaacs said:

As much as I like Brees, I'm not signing a 40-yr old, who despite his brilliance against the Vikings in the 2nd half, clearly is not the same player he was even 3 years ago.  I think he's on the verge of falling off a cliff.  

lol no way we comes here.

Why would he? The Saints were 10 seconds away from being in the NFCCG. They're more than capable of doing it again so why would Brees leave home to make a lateral move?

2 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

lol no way we comes here.

Why would he? The Saints were 10 seconds away from being in the NFCCG. They're more than capable of doing it again so why would Brees leave home to make a lateral move?

Plus he's already spoken in favor of playing for a warm weather team the last time he was a FA. It's not like Brees still isn't a hot commodity.

Archived