2018 Free Agents

gopherwrestler

36 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

We could afford to trade Treadwell. Not sure anyone would give anything for him though.

Other that that, we don't have a lot of "extra" pieces

Maybe sendajo ondraft day if they'd happen to draft a safety fairly high? I doubt it though unless Zimmer would feel good about starting Harris for a year

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I wonder what someone like Andre Ellington would command in free agency to replace him if we were to go that route rather than the draft. Ellington has KR experience as well.

no reason to burn a potential comp. pick by signing a FA RB. You can get a good enough #3 RB as an UDFA or 7th round pick. Or just use Mack Brown. The 3rd RB is never going to see any playing time unless both Cook and Murray get hurt

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Cook and Murray will still be a phenomenal combo

i don't see it, murray can't do anything better than cook and doesn't provide a complementary skill set. cook was already becoming a clear lead back before he got hurt with mckinnon getting some snaps sprinkled in. i think we'd be much better off retaining jet or getting a receiving back to go with cook.

2 minutes ago, whitehops said:

i don't see it, murray can't do anything better than cook and doesn't provide a complementary skill set. cook was already becoming a clear lead back before he got hurt with mckinnon getting some snaps sprinkled in. i think we'd be much better off retaining jet or getting a receiving back to go with cook.

The only thing I see is that Murray is a good option solely for the red zone...allowing Cook to stay out of those types of situations where he potentially could get hurt again.  Have Murray essentially just be a better version of Asiata.  

21 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Seeya Jet.

i really want us to keep mckinnon but expected this. he finished top 10 in PFF's running back grading and everybody knows he had a good year. i'm sure he remembers though what his usage was like when cook was healthy, his touches in those three games were: 6, 6, 4. 

considering he's likely going to get something in the ball park of what murray got this off season ($4-5 million AAV) i also don't think the vikings would pay that for a second RB, even one as dynamic as mckinnon.

sad to see him go but hope he does well where he ends up.

5 minutes ago, disaacs said:

The only thing I see is that Murray is a good option solely for the red zone...allowing Cook to stay out of those types of situations where he potentially could get hurt again.  Have Murray essentially just be a better version of Asiata.  

the way murray's deal is structured i always assumed it would be a one year deal. if we cut him this offseason we lose $1.2 million in dead cap but save a little over $5 million. seems like a no-brainer to cut him when we could sign a goal line back for much less than $5 million.

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

The good news is with 2 QBs and McKinnon leaving, we will be getting some good comp. picks in 2019. 

We will be getting at least one this year too

According to the chart we'll be getting two. The chart not off on number of picks except in extraordinary circumstances. Sometimes it is off on the round of the pick based on the exact thresholds between rounds not being known.

Archived