2018 Free Agents

gopherwrestler

It will be a very interesting offseason.  57M in Cap. You'd have to think 6-8 mill for draft picks.

I'm guessing each of the big 3 QBs gets around 15M a year. You'd have to think they'll keep 1. With that said, it would definitely be interesting to just trade up, take a rookie QB to keep the roster in tact. 2019 FA could be brutal with Diggs, Kendricks, Barr, Hunter being UFA and Waynes getting the RFA pay bump. That is 60M -70M a year between those 5 guys.

7 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

It will be a very interesting offseason.  57M in Cap. You'd have to think 6-8 mill for draft picks.

I'm guessing each of the big 3 QBs gets around 15M a year. You'd have to think they'll keep 1. With that said, it would definitely be interesting to just trade up, take a rookie QB to keep the roster in tact. 2019 FA could be brutal with Diggs, Kendricks, Barr, Hunter being UFA and Waynes getting the RFA pay bump. That is 60M -70M a year between those 5 guys.

I don't know where your $6-$8M figure comes from for draft picks. There are fewer variables in play now. One of them is possible trades of picks.

At pick 30 and with the 4th going to Miami via Philly and 7th to Seattle the Vikings rookie pool will be closer to $5.3M after adding in the two compensatory picks. The effective cap space needed will only be about $2M since each rookie contract will bump another player from the rule of 51. That is, seven players at $480k will be bumped from the cap calculation when the rookies sign.

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I wish the qb's had this attitude.

Well, Kai has a chance of not being signed by a team so he kinda has to have this attitude.

Keenum on the other hand will be on a roster in 2018 so he can say he he said.

But yes, I agree with you. Even from Teddy.

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

As much as I like Brees, I'm not signing a 40-yr old, who despite his brilliance against the Vikings in the 2nd half, clearly is not the same player he was even 3 years ago.  I think he's on the verge of falling off a cliff.  

I agree 100%.

1 hour ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

lol no way we comes here.

Why would he? The Saints were 10 seconds away from being in the NFCCG. They're more than capable of doing it again so why would Brees leave home to make a lateral move?

The Saints lost with a better QB, so imagine what he would do with the Vikings.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

I'd let Waynes and Barr leave for talent on the offensive line.

No way.  Waynes improved greatly and was a really good tandem partner to Rhodes.  Barr proved his worth this year.  I think finding a left guard will be the only upgrade to OL starters.  As long as every one else comes back healthy.

33 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

No way.  Waynes improved greatly and was a really good tandem partner to Rhodes.  Barr proved his worth this year.  I think finding a left guard will be the only upgrade to OL starters.  As long as every one else comes back healthy.

i assume that you RG? My guess is that Berger retires, Easton comes back healthy, and Sirles and Isadora are still depth.

I really want to see the Vikings go after Sheldon Richardson. I think he could turn things around with Zim and playing next to Linval. We desperately need better play from our 3 tech. Maybe even Star Lotulelei, who’s hasn’t been as good as he was a few years ago. But the talent is there. 

1 minute ago, Eric dunn said:

I really want to see the Vikings go after Sheldon Richardson. I think he could turn things around with Zim and playing next to Linval. We desperately need better play from our 3 tech. Maybe even Star Lotulelei, who’s hasn’t been as good as he was a few years ago. But the talent is there. 

I'd rather just draft his brother Lowell. Star isn't the answer.

Archived