OLB Jerry Attaochu

ILB Christian Jones

WR/RS DAT

Draft:

1.Browns: Josh Rosen QB UCLA

2.Giants: Saquon Barkley RB Penn State

3.**Bills via Colts: Sam Darnold QB USC

4.Browns via Houston: Minkah Fitzpatrick CB/FS Alabama

5. Denver: Quenton Nelson OL Notre Dame (Signs QB Kirk Cousins)

R1: Josh Allen QB Wyoming

R2: Ronald Jones RB USC

R2(SEA): Braden Smith OG Auburn

R3: Rasheem Greene DL USC

R4: Chad Thomas DE/OLB Miami

R5(DAL): Jaylen Samuels FB NC State

R6: Jake Campos OT Iowa State

R7: DuVonta Lampkin NT Oklahoma

Depth Chart:

QB: McCown vs Allen vs Hack

RB: Jones, Powell, McGuire

FB: Samuels

WR: Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse, Hansen, Stewart, (Whitehead vs DAT)

TE: ASJ, Tomlinson, Leggitt

LT: Beachum, Campos

LG: Smith vs Looney

C: Jensen, Harrison

RG: Winters, Doizer

RT: Shell, Qvale

DL: Williams, Cooper

NT: Logan, Simon vs Lampkin

DL: Pennel vs Greene

SAM: Jenkins vs Thomas

MIKE: Davis, Stanford

WILL: Lee vs Jones

RUSH: Attaochu, Donahue vs Mauldin

CB: Breeland, Claiborne, Roberts vs Jones vs Clark vs Burris

FS: Maye, Middleton

SS: Adams, Miles

K: Cat

P: Edwards

RS: Whitehead vs DAT

Did Mac get outbid by the Bills in this scenario? If Darnold is there at 3 Mac should make a legitimate offer.

Anything with Josh Allen is a fail to me. But I can definitely see this happening 

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Did Mac get outbid by the Bills in this scenario? If Darnold is there at 3 Mac should make a legitimate offer.

Anything with Josh Allen is a fail to me. But I can definitely see this happening 

In this scenario yes, think the Bills have too much ammunition over the next 2 years to really out bid them. Plus I do think we like Allen, has the Prototype build, plus athleticism and a very good arm, personally I'm 50/50 on him he has a lot of talent and could be worth it but I'm not 100% sure we have the staff to let him develop 

5 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

In this scenario yes, think the Bills have too much ammunition over the next 2 years to really out bid them. Plus I do think we like Allen, has the Prototype build, plus athleticism and a very good arm, personally I'm 50/50 on him he has a lot of talent and could be worth it but I'm not 100% sure we have the staff to let him develop 

No thanks to a 56% college passer with “tools” and like you said we need a top notch staff. It seems like these tall prototype guys with big arms and all potential are panning out less and less these days. Production is essential in college now IMO.

If we spend 6 on Allen then Bates better be a god or we need to flip the staff ASAP.

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

No thanks to a 56% college passer with “tools” and like you said we need a top notch staff. It seems like these tall prototype guys with big arms and all potential are panning out less and less these days. Production is essential in college now IMO.

If we spend 6 on Allen then Bates better be a god or we need to flip the staff ASAP.

Not saying I don't agree with you but Brett Favre, Russell Wilson, and Matt Stafford(other than his last year) all had sub 60% completion percentage.

50 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I don't see how the Bills can outbid the Jets unless the Jets low ball the Colts. We have the 6th pick in the draft which is more valuable than the two picks they have in the early 20's. Both our picks in the second round are higher than both the Bills picks. Our 2019 picks are more valuable. The Bills were a playoff team, the Jets were a surprised team that won 5 games. If I'm the Colts, I would prefer the Jets 2019 picks vs. the Bills. I would not be happy to hear that the Jets got outbid by the Bills. However, in some sense, it's realistic because Macc seems like the type to always play hardball.

In terms of the rest of the off-season: 

Allen: I'm not a fan, but I have a feeling that he is viewed much more favorably in NFL circles. I don't have any bases for this except for analysis like McShay, Kiper and Walterfootball (all who get their info from NFL insiders) have him rated as the 3rd best QB. So, I do think it's realistic we land Allen. 

Draft: I like Jones and that you addressed OL early.

FA: Jensen and Breeland are excellent pickups.

Overall: I think there's a lot good things happening but I can't get passed the Allen pickup. I do think your off-season is realistic though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I sure Cousins can't wait to sign on the dotted line with the Jets, when he see all the offensive weapons we are bringing in for him like Ron Jones. Don't you think he would like a couple of WR to the throw the ball to. Your cut and resining are OK , But your draft picks will cause a riot.

5 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I sure Cousins can't wait to sign on the dotted line with the Jets, when he see all the offensive weapons we are bringing in for him like Ron Jones. Don't you think he would like a couple of WR to the throw the ball to. Your cut and resining are OK , But your draft picks will cause a riot.

how so? What offensive weapon would you take at 6? Barkley is mostlikley going to be gone and Calvin Ridley (the consensus #1 WR in this class at the moment) isnt worth that high of a pick. You dont think the trio of Enunwa/Anderson/Kearse is a quality WR core and to add to that the Additions of Ronald Jones and DJ Moore with a boosted OL wouldnt be good?

9 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

how so? What offensive weapon would you take at 6? Barkley is mostlikley going to be gone and Calvin Ridley (the consensus #1 WR in this class at the moment) isnt worth that high of a pick. You dont think the trio of Enunwa/Anderson/Kearse is a quality WR core and to add to that the Additions of Ronald Jones and DJ Moore with a boosted OL wouldnt be good?

Enunwa is coming back from his second neck operation, and is a huge ?  And who knows where Anderson will be he is a lot of trouble & should be cut because he is a real Lunatic. The chances of Cousins signing with the Jets is no better than 50 50.  You are probably right on one thing this is the kind of draft Mac would do.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

Enunwa is coming back from his second neck operation, and is a huge ?  And who knows where Anderson will be he is a lot of trouble & should be cut because he is a real Lunatic. The chances of Cousins signing with the Jets is no better than 50 50.  You are probably right on one thing this is the kind of draft Mac would do.

So you don't think the NY Market or the fact that our coaches have connections to him will play any part in it? Anderson will most likely get a 2 game suspension and I believe Enunwa will come back fine unless he somehow has nerve damage which to my knowledge he doesn't. This opens up opportunities for the young guys then in Moore, Stewart, and Hansen to develop. Also have to factor in an improved OL and run game than. I feel confident enough to say Jones running behind a Beachum-Fulton-Long-Wynn-Shell OL will probably be the best Run game we've had since 09/10

Archived