What i think Macc woud do mock 2.0 - The Cousins edition

Dr.O

12 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Are you implying they take 2 QBs at 1 and 3? These are the situations we are talking about:

1 - Browns get Cousins and take BPA at 1, likely not a QB meaning one of the top 2 QBs fall to #3, yes the Browns have more ammo than us but I don't think they'd be a threat to trade up for a QB in this situation. 

2 - Browns take a QB at #1, I would be pretty dumbfounded if they traded more picks to move up to #3 to select another QB. So again not a threat to take an additional QB.

3 - Browns take Barkley at 1, now they trade up to #3 to take the 2nd QB available. This would mean the Colts have #4 and they likely trade back with Denver or the Jets while still getting the player they want. Again this is the same as if they took a QB at #1 because the same amount of QBs will be off their board after they pick, which means not a threat to lose an additional QB.

I don't see any situation where the Browns eliminate more than 1 QB in front of us. So them having more ammo to trade up to #3 is irrelevant. The Jets can beat the Broncos, Bills, Cardinals, and any other team that is looking for a QB because Macc got us that 2nnd round pick.

No. You said, “ luckily we have more ammo in the draft than any other team.” Which isn’t true. We have 2 2nds, butbthays nothing compares to the Browns having 2 picks in the top 4. So I’m not suggesting they take 2 QBs... I’m suggesting that they have more ammo than us.

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

No. You said, “ luckily we have more ammo in the draft than any other team.” Which isn’t true. We have 2 2nds, butbthays nothing compares to the Browns having 2 picks in the top 4. So I’m not suggesting they take 2 QBs... I’m suggesting that they have more ammo than us.

But how does their ammo have anything to do with ours? Their ammo doesn't effect our ability to get a QB in the draft.

29 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

But how does their ammo have anything to do with ours? Their ammo doesn't effect our ability to get a QB in the draft.

Absolutely it does. They’ll probably choose a QB at 1 (that makes 1 less QB in the board). They also draft at 4. If they don’t like who’s there... they could trade back with a team that wants a QB (another QB gone by our pick). So there demo potentially can make 2 QBs gone by our pick and that’s without thinking the Giants or Broncos draft a QB.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely it does. They’ll probably choose a QB at 1 (that makes 1 less QB in the board). They also draft at 4. If they don’t like who’s there... they could trade back with a team that wants a QB (another QB gone by our pick). So there demo potentially can make 2 QBs gone by our pick and that’s without thinking the Giants or Broncos draft a QB.

Yea but my point is we could be that team that trades up with them or the Colts because the Bills, Broncos, Vikings, Redskins, and Cardinals are the only teams that would trade up for a quarter back and we have more ammo than any one of those teams.

Archived