What i think Macc woud do mock 2.0 - The Cousins edition

Dr.O

32 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

So you don't think the NY Market or the fact that our coaches have connections to him will play any part in it? Anderson will most likely get a 2 game suspension and I believe Enunwa will come back fine unless he somehow has nerve damage which to my knowledge he doesn't. This opens up opportunities for the young guys then in Moore, Stewart, and Hansen to develop. Also have to factor in an improved OL and run game than. I feel confident enough to say Jones running behind a Beachum-Fulton-Long-Wynn-Shell OL will probably be the best Run game we've had since 09/10

Years ago the NY Market was a draw for players not any more. We have to go 100% all out to get offensive players. One thing is for sure if we don't sign Cousins we will take a QB one way or another. Either moving up in the draft, which is the last thing we want to do, or hope one of the top QB's drops to us at six. The key is the first two picks by the Browns & Giants, if they both take QB's then last minute we can try to more up.which would our last resort. If we for one reason or another don't draft or trade for a QB the whole offseason will be a disaster. I am sick and tired of these 5-11 seasons. This off season it is going to take a lot of talent to get the players we want plus a lot of luck.

9 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Years ago the NY Market was a draw for players not any more. We have to go 100% all out to get offensive players. One thing is for sure if we don't sign Cousins we will take a QB one way or another. Either moving up in the draft, which is the last thing we want to do, or hope one of the top QB's drops to us at six. The key is the first two picks by the Browns & Giants, if they both take QB's then last minute we can try to more up.which would our last resort. If we for one reason or another don't draft or trade for a QB the whole offseason will be a disaster. I am sick and tired of these 5-11 seasons. This off season it is going to take a lot of talent to get the players we want plus a lot of luck.

It can still be a draw for players who are looking to make they're personal brand grow which I believe Cousins is. What offensive players would you go after given this scenario. I boost the OL through free agency and the draft and add more weapons through the draft.

58 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

It can still be a draw for players who are looking to make they're personal brand grow which I believe Cousins is. What offensive players would you go after given this scenario. I boost the OL through free agency and the draft and add more weapons through the draft.

Dr. don't get me wrong I would love to have Cousins, but right now all I read & hear and the status of out offensive the odds don't look good. Our last real good home grown QB was Kenny O'Brien and that was a long time ago. Chad Pennington was Ok but his weak arm killed up in big games, he know when & where to throw the ball but too many time he did not have the arm to get the ball there. Chad was also a very smart guy. Richard Todd also was a good home grown QB. There is still a chance we could get one of the QB's in the draft, and finally have our own home grown QB,

This is a really solid offseason. I'd be really happy with it. I think it'll be a two year process if we get Cousins (2 years to be serious contenders). Whatever we can't address this year, we can attack those areas next year. So, in this scenario we can get Cousins another offensive weapon next year as well as try and get a long term answer at LT.

edit: Somehow didn't  notice you had us going WR in the 3rd. Haven't watched Moore on tape. But that makes this offseason even better. 

17 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

This is a really solid offseason. I'd be really happy with it. I think it'll be a two year process if we get Cousins (2 years to be serious contenders). Whatever we can't address this year, we can attack those areas next year. So, in this scenario we can get Cousins another offensive weapon next year as well as try and get a long term answer at LT.

edit: Somehow didn't  notice you had us going WR in the 3rd. Haven't watched Moore on tape. But that makes this offseason even better. 

Moore reminds me a little bit of Diggs tbh, not saying he ends up as good as him but has a similar play style to him. Whole idea was to address the OL, Run game, and Pass rush. If the WR core doesn't work out or Beachum takes a step back we address it next year.

8 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

ah was confused because the original post says edited January 22nd

We can't put all our eggs in one basket, what happens if we don't sign Cousins. what is our plan B ? What do we do? I know what the options are, but what is the best way to go. Nobody wants to stick their neck our and give a define answer, including me. All I know is there is no way we can come out of the offseason without a new QB.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

We can't put all our eggs in one basket, what happens if we don't sign Cousins. what is our plan B ? What do we do? I know what the options are, but what is the best way to go. Nobody wants to stick their neck our and give a define answer, including me. All I know is there is no way we can come out of the offseason without a new QB.

Plan B should be to either trade up to 3 and grab our guy or grab a QB at 6. I've seen some mocks in the mock section that have us trading up to 3. They have us giving up a ton. If it takes anything more than one of our seconds this year and our second in 2019, just sit at 6. If we are not able to trade up and the big 3 are gone, Plan C is should be to get a Lauletta, White or Falk in the 3rd.

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Plan B should be to either trade up to 3 and grab our guy or grab a QB at 6. I've seen some mocks in the mock section that have us trading up to 3. They have us giving up a ton. If it takes anything more than one of our seconds this year and our second in 2019, just sit at 6. If we are not able to trade up and the big 3 are gone, Plan C is should be to get a Lauletta, White or Falk in the 3rd.

Not a single QB in this draft is worth giving up 2 2nds for. If we don’t get Cousins, we should stay put at 6 and draft who falls to us.

5 hours ago, doumeyer said:

It's certainly not Cousins or bust, Cousins is just the safest and quickest turnaround option for sustained success. If we do get him then we focus on the draft. I think there are 4 QBs worthy of us selecting them at or before #6. If we don't come away with one of Cousins, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield then I feel our team has failed us. Luckily we have more ammo I'm the draft than any other team.

49 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

It's certainly not Cousins or bust, Cousins is just the safest and quickest turnaround option for sustained success. If we do get him then we focus on the draft. I think there are 4 QBs worthy of us selecting them at or before #6. If we don't come away with one of Cousins, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield then I feel our team has failed us. Luckily we have more ammo I'm the draft than any other team.

Just to clarify the Browns have more ammo than us.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Just to clarify the Browns have more ammo than us.

Are you implying they take 2 QBs at 1 and 3? These are the situations we are talking about:

1 - Browns get Cousins and take BPA at 1, likely not a QB meaning one of the top 2 QBs fall to #3, yes the Browns have more ammo than us but I don't think they'd be a threat to trade up for a QB in this situation. 

2 - Browns take a QB at #1, I would be pretty dumbfounded if they traded more picks to move up to #3 to select another QB. So again not a threat to take an additional QB.

3 - Browns take Barkley at 1, now they trade up to #3 to take the 2nd QB available. This would mean the Colts have #4 and they likely trade back with Denver or the Jets while still getting the player they want. Again this is the same as if they took a QB at #1 because the same amount of QBs will be off their board after they pick, which means not a threat to lose an additional QB.

I don't see any situation where the Browns eliminate more than 1 QB in front of us. So them having more ammo to trade up to #3 is irrelevant. The Jets can beat the Broncos, Bills, Cardinals, and any other team that is looking for a QB because Macc got us that 2nnd round pick.

Archived