Round 1 mock 1st attempt

Ehall1978

This Browns draft is terrible. And I like both of the players we got actually.

Josh Allen is my 4th favorite QB option. I think he has the tools to be a great one, but you don't pass on Rosen or Darnold to take Josh Allen. It's silly and even Mel Kiper feels bad about himself for doing that. I'd be fine with a trade down and Josh Allen in the teens, but the #1 overall pick? Ninja...please.

But Orlando Brown is a late 1st round RT. You don't spend a top 5 pick on a RT when you have glaring needs everywhere other than in the trenches. Just a goofy and unrealistic selection. I am a big Brown fan, but this high...over several much better players...at positions of need....and you get an F. Sorry

Welcome to the website and mock draft forum Ehall and thanks for sharing the mock with us.  I look forward to discussing and debating this one and many more with you if you continue to post them.    As for the Falcons pick where as Price wouldn't be my go to choice in the real draft it is a pick that does hit one of our needs for solid value.   What really hurt us here is all the legit Dt's are already taken before us.  Vea, Payne, and Hurst all gone although i might take Taven Bryan there still.   Not a terrible pick at all though as Price is a very solid player in his own right.

5 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Welcome to the website and mock draft forum Ehall and thanks for sharing the mock with us.  I look forward to discussing and debating this one and many more with you if you continue to post them.    As for the Falcons pick where as Price wouldn't be my go to choice in the real draft it is a pick that does hit one of our needs for solid value.   What really hurt us here is all the legit Dt's are already taken before us.  Vea, Payne, and Hurst all gone although i might take Taven Bryan there still.   Not a terrible pick at all though as Price is a very solid player in his own right.

Curious about somthing with Atlanta... I also view DT as a primary need for you guys but as a Falcons fan would you perfer a big massive 1 tec like Vea or a quick penatrating 3 tec like Hurst? I'm unsure exactly how you guys operate with the two inside tackles and how Grady Jarrett affects that decision.

14 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Curious about somthing with Atlanta... I also view DT as a primary need for you guys but as a Falcons fan would you perfer a big massive 1 tec like Vea or a quick penatrating 3 tec like Hurst? I'm unsure exactly how you guys operate with the two inside tackles and how Grady Jarrett affects that decision.

We can get with any of them actually as we like for our guys to push the pocket. Luckily Vea just like Poe is quick and strong and can penetrate as well as hold the line in the run game.  The best part about the Falcons D-line is we rotate non stop keeping everyone fresh and we use all types of DT's to do so.   Grady Jarrett, Dontari Poe, Ahtya Rubin(who is a run stuffer only mostly), Courtney Upshaw, Reshede Hageman, Tyson Jackson, Jack Crawford, Derrick Shelby.   All of them have played some DT for us depending on packages heck even Adrian Clayborn did at times as well during pass rush situations.   The best thing about doing this is it allows us to match up well with anyone and any type of line or packages a offense puts out there.  So pretty much go with the BPA that you like and go with them.   My 3 favorites are  Christian Wilkins, Vita Vea, and Daron Payne.   Hurst is a good prospect as well as is Taven Bryan but i like those other 3 guys better than the last 2 if i got to choose who i wanted.

Note:  Hageman and Jackson are already gone, Poe, Upshaw, Rubin, and Clayborn are free agents this year and  Shelby + Crawford fight injuries a good bit and play DE alot as well.  So this actually leaves us with just 1 true DT in Grady Jarrett on the roster.  So Dt is for sure a big need for us in the 1st or 2nd round and also probably a good one in FA as well since DT has some nice ones there this year.  If we  resign Poe or sign someone as good + draft a early round guy like Vea or Payne i think our  DT spot would be strong.

Archived