Leisher's 2018 Mock draft # ?

jleisher

Last night I used the Fanspeak.com 2018 mock draft simulator for this mock.  Sorry, not as much detail, but you can figure things out.  Looked outside the box on this one.  Time to rebuild.

Cap:  $21,000,000

Cuts:  CMJ, Cobb, Nelson, Bulaga, Rollins, Hundley, Goodson, Mays, Pipkins, Odom, Tanner and Pearson.  Save $37,430,000.  New Cap $58,430,000.

Resigns:  Burnett 3-24-7 cap, House 2-6-3 cap, Goode 1-1-1cap.  -$11,000,000.  New Cap $$47,430,000.

Free Agents:  Jarvis Landry WR 4-60-15 cap, Donte Moncrief WR 3-9-3 cap, Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE 2-8-4 cap, Ryan Fitzpatrick QB 3-15-5 cap, Justin Pugh G 4-28-7 cap, Trent Murphy OLB 3-12-4 cap.  -$38,000,000.  

Final Cap space:  $9,430,000  (Might be closer to $7,000,000 not figuring RFA resigns or minor deals)

2018 Packers Mock draft

#14.  Tremaine Edmunds Edge  Virginia Tech 

#45.  Tarvarus McFadden CB  Florida St.

#76.  Mark Andrews TE  Oklahoma

Comp.  Nick Chubb RB  Georgia

#110.  Dante Pettis WR  Washington

#141.  Kentavius Street DL/Edge  N. Carolina St.

Comp.  Justin Reid S  Stanford

Comp.  Oren Burks ILB  Vanderbilt

Comp.  Tyler Conklin TE  C. Michigan  (Wasn't in simulation, added him and removed Symthe TE  Notre Dame.)

#172.  Darius Leonard LB  S. Carolina St.

#233.  Austin Corbett OL  Nevada

Comp.  Riley Ferguson QB  Memphis

UDFA:  Brandon Shed WR  Hobart,  Logan Woodside QB  Toledo

QB:  Rodgers, Fitzpatrick, Ferguson                                                                                               DL:  Daniels, Clark, Lowry, Street, Adams

RB:  Chubb, Williams, Jones, Montgomery, Ripkowski                                                               OLB:  Edmunds, Perry, Murphy, Beigal, Leonard

WR:  Adams, Landry, Moncrief, Pettis, Davis, Shed                                                                      ILB:  Ryan, Martinez, Burks, Fackrell

TE:  ASJ, Andrews, Conklin, Kendricks                                                                                           CB:  King, Randall, House, McFadden

OL:  Bak, Taylor, Linsley, Pugh, Spriggs, Corbett, Murphy, McCray, Patrick                               S:  HaHa, Burnett, Jones, Reid, Brice

ST:  Crosby, Vogel, Goode

Like Edmunds as EDGE.  Give up on Landry!  If we pay him premium $$$ I'll puke.  We have plenty of guys who can play slow slot WR.  Landry wouldn't fit MMs system.  Like Moncrief at 3M per year though.  Love it if we signed Trent Murphy, but it's going to be more than 4M a year. signing Murphy really takes the pressure off of our draft. Might allow us to lean more toward BPA instead of need in the first round.  Like McFadden, Andrews and K Street.  Skip Chubb the RB and Pettis, Chubb's not quick and Pettis is too frail. I think there are better options for both at those spots.  Gallup instead of Pettis and wouldn't take a RB until 5 or later.

Thanks for the effort.

Hold the phone!  My apologies to you Mr. Leisher, sir.  I found an email in my spam folder from the Dean of Admissions at Ball State.  They list a graduate named Brian Fitzpatrick.  I'm assuming it was a diploma typo.  Mystery solved.  I can now whole heartedly state that I approve of your mock offseason.

Whoa, whoa, WHOA!  Hold the phone again.  While I stand behind my apology for yelling at you in my initial post, I feel I have a bit of a retraction to make. After doing a bit of my own research, I DO NOT approve of your mock offseason.  It didn't take me too long to figure out that during the period that Fitzpatrick would have attended Ball State, they ran the triple option.  The triple option!  He's obviously not a fit for our scheme, or, if we're being honest, any NFL scheme.  Mr. Leisher, I fear you are simply pulling names from your foam cheese hat!  

1 hour ago, Anthony Dilweg said:

HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO OFFER OUR THOUGHTS ON THIS WHEN YOU INCLUDE FITZPATRICK IN THE FREE AGENT SIGNINGS!  I'VE CALLED ALL MY LOCAL UNIVERSITIES!  NOT A SINGLE ONE LISTS HIM AS HAVING GRADUATED!  UGH!

Am I missing something here?

Mr. Leisher, 

My apologies but I have one more thought to offer on this matter.  It is not my intent to embarrass you, but I feel I must share.  Upon further reflection, I fail to see how you can endorse the signing of a quarterback whom you are unable to prove to be a college graduate.  We all agree you must be a college graduate to be eligible to play in the NFL.  Imagine an instance in which the entire charade is discovered mid season with #12 nursing an ailment once more.  Why, we would have no quarterback on the roster!  You think Brent Hundley was disappointing, I must ask you to imagine the center snapping the ball to an empty void.  That type of offense would be inefficient at best with the potential to be a full blown disaster.  

I am not sure if you play checkers Mr. Leisher, but I believe that is what they call Checkmate!  I suggest you delete your account and toss your computer in the rubbish.

Yours,

Dilweg

Shore up the front 7 on defense and the OL first. You make way too many moves so I can't take your offseason seriously. However, I do think either Cobb or Nelson will be gone, not both. I do think Clay will be on the team. I do think a WR wil be drafted fairly high. I do think a veteran QB will be signed to back up Rodgers. I do not think a RB will be drafted that high. I see 3 front 7 on defense and 2 OL drafted. 

Can't really speak to the draft picks since I haven't dug into them yet, but I like the roster moves. 

22 hours ago, jleisher said:

Cap:  $21,000,000

Cuts:  CMJ, Cobb, Nelson, Bulaga, Rollins, Hundley, Goodson, Mays, Pipkins, Odom, Tanner and Pearson.  Save $37,430,000.  New Cap $58,430,000.

Resigns:  Burnett 3-24-7 cap, House 2-6-3 cap, Goode 1-1-1cap.  -$11,000,000.  New Cap $$47,430,000.

Free Agents:  Jarvis Landry WR 4-60-15 cap, Donte Moncrief WR 3-9-3 cap, Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE 2-8-4 cap, Ryan Fitzpatrick QB 3-15-5 cap, Justin Pugh G 4-28-7 cap, Trent Murphy OLB 3-12-4 cap.  -$38,000,000.  

Final Cap space:  $9,430,000  (Might be closer to $7,000,000 not figuring RFA resigns or minor deals)

Biggest questions are do you consider:

• Murphy > CMIII
  • Pugh > Bulaga

I'm not sure I do. And the price we're paying Bulaga is comparable. Also, any young players like Pipkins wouldn't be cut. They'll be on the 90 and just be cut casualties then. But I get what you mean. 

Thoughts on salary:

• I don't think Moncreif or Murphy come that cheap. If they are, their teams will most likely re-sign. Same with ASJ, and ASJ has a lot of respect for the NYJ organization for helping him turn his life around. I don't see him leaving to be honest. 

Thoughts on roster construction:

• 5 RB/6 WR/4 TE with Montgomery at RB. I just don't see us investing that heavy in skill positions. 
  • 4 CB - I doubt we roster 4 CBs. 6 has been the norm. 
  • I really like Fackrell to ILB. I think he'd be much better there. He's big, athletic, and can cover. I'd only worry about his aggressiveness to attack the RB at the point of attack. Not sure how he is at getting off blocks. Might get swallowed up more than I'd like, but as a cover ILB he'd be very good. 
  • If we came out of FA with Landry and cut Cobb I'd be more than OK. Just hope that Landry has motivation with the money in pocket. He concerns me that way for some reason. Seems $$$ driven, and when he gets paid he might relax. 

Archived