Positional Analysis: WR

WindyCity

2 hours ago, G08 said:

I could see Wilson and Richardson coming as free agents.

Meredith comes back.

White is still here.

A burner somewhere in rounds 2-4.

That gives us 5 fairly young players.

White may physically be here, but insisting on him doing anything but getting hurt is part of the reason 2017 went down the toilet.

Fool me once: shame on you

Fool me twice: shame on me

Fool me three times: I am an idiot

Fool me four times: someone needs to be fired

Just now, WindyCity said:

We need the draft resources for picking players.

I guarantee you that if Ryan Pace or any GM thinks there is a player worth trading for, they will discuss it, even if they "need the draft resources".  I'm just wondering which WR's are rumored to be on the block this year.  Heard Dez Bryant but don't think I'd want to give up what they would demand for him.

30 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Butler and Wilson are my 2 FAs. Richardson is said to be looking for 7-8 million a year, which I don't know I would want to pay.

That is a super unproven group.

2 of your top 3 options will have never crested 600 yards and the 3rd did it once and then tore his ACl.

There is a lot of risk with that group, they are better, but who knows if they can hold up to the number of targets and production that will be required.

Just now, TankWilliams said:

I guarantee you that if Ryan Pace or any GM thinks there is a player worth trading for, they will discuss it, even if they "need the draft resources".  I'm just wondering which WR's are rumored to be on the block this year.  Heard Dez Bryant but don't think I'd want to give up what they would demand for him.

The Broncos WRs are rumored, but they may also be released.

Emannuel Sanders for a conditional 2019 pick would interest me.

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Broncos WRs are rumored, but they may also be released.

Emannuel Sanders for a conditional 2019 pick would interest me.

Sanders is good but he is getting up there in age and will be 31 by September.  Have to wonder if Bears will be targeting younger but experienced guys like Wilson/Richardson/Butler/Brown who all can grow with Trubisky and this offense.

28 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Exactly.  Patriots traded their late 1st for Brandin Cooks last off season and that seemed to work out pretty well for them. 

If an opportunity arises to get for a proven young WR like that then I wouldn't hesitate to trade Bears 2nd round pick.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Exactly.  Patriots traded their late 1st for Brandin Cooks last off season and that seemed to work out pretty well for them. 

If an opportunity arises to get for a proven young WR like that then I wouldn't hesitate to trade Bears 2nd round pick.

That is 2 resources into 1 player.

The Patriots can do that because they don’t have many needs.

We need more than 1 WR.

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We need more than 1 WR.

That could be offset by potentially staggering which years the picks are too. Something like our 2018 2nd and a 2019 3rd for a proven young talent would give me zero issues.

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We need more than 1 WR.

I don't think that's a huge price to pay for a #1 talent.  Cooks is still on his rookie deal.  You would have to pay a high draft pick similar money.  It would be a more prudent move than signing Jarvis Landry to a $40 + million multi year contract.

NE can now franchise Cooks if they want and make him prove he's worth a big money contract extension, if they aren't already convinced.

Rather than waiting on GB to release Cobb I would try to nudge them with a 6th rounder this year or a conditional pick in 2019 pending on him re-signing with us. You could offer an immediate extension to him and if you so chose could franchise him in 2019 if he refused. Gives you an immediate talent and two offseasons to add the number 1 rather than possibly swinging and missing for this period.

EDIT -  If they accepted getting something for him then I would not stop there, I would still attack the FA to add young talent.

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Rather than waiting on GB to release Cobb I would try to nudge them with a 6th rounder this year or a conditional pick in 2019 pending on him re-signing with us. You could offer an immediate extension to him and if you so chose could franchise him in 2019 if he refused. Gives you an immediate talent and two offseasons to add the number 1 rather than possibly swinging and missing for this period.

EDIT -  If they accepted getting something for him then I would not stop there, I would still attack the FA to add young talent.

Meh not sure I would trade for Cobb at this point in his career as I think he has regressed from where he once was as a player.  IMO there are better options than him that will be available in FA.  He is also set to make $8 million this year under his current contract.  No thanks.

I also don't think the chances are good of GB ever making a trade within the division, let alone with the Bears.

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Mike Evans would be the only WR going into a contract year I would give up a 2nd for

54 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Cobb has not been good with Aaron Rodgers at QB for 3 years. 

Archived