Positional Analysis: WR

WindyCity

1 minute ago, G08 said:

You're not going to convince me, man xD

Outside of tackles, I think you can find guards and centers anywhere. If we were a polished team to the point where we were looking to upgrade positions, then yeah I'd be okay with taking an OG that high. But man, we have holes EVERYWHERE. OL is the least of my concerns right now, I mean with this group of bums we ranked 11th in rushing YPA and 18th in sacks.

We were top 10 in sacks this season, but we still need an OLB.

The truth is that we have a RT who will struggle to hold up in this system and we have no depth behind Leno. We are a Leno injury away from Bradley Sowell playing LT and ending our franchise QB before he starts.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

The truth is that we have a RT who will struggle to hold up in this system and we have no depth behind Leno. We are a Leno injury away from Bradley Sowell playing LT and ending our franchise QB before he starts.

Well, yeah. Did you see how many sacks came from our OLBs? 15.5 out of 42, and we are losing 11 of those sacks via McPhee, Houston, and Acho.

Just now, G08 said:

Well, yeah. Did you see how many sacks came from our OLBs? 15.5 out of 42, and we are losing 11 of those sacks via McPhee, Houston, and Acho.

It is a bigger need, assuming none of those players are retained.

Right now I rank our needs as

1. WR

2. OLB

3. OL

But adding a 4th round OT more than likely puts our OLs performance in the control of Bobbie Massie and a Leno injury away from disaster.

44 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This is why it's a very good possibility that an OT is taken with the pick at #8.  Think about it, if the board goes something like this then an OT would most likely be BPA.

#1 CLE - Darnold/Rosen

#2 NYG - Darnold/Rosen

#3 IND - Chubb/Williams/Brown/Miller/McGlinchey

#4 CLE - Barkley/Fitzpatrick

#5 DEN - Mayfield/Allen

#6 NYJ - Mayfield/Allen/Fitzpatrick

#7 TB - Chubb/Barkley/Fitzpatrick

#8 CHI - Williams/Brown/Miller/McGlinchey/Davenport/Edmunds/Ridley???

I know this is a cliche thing to say, but if this scenario unfolded then I would definitely look to trade down.  Maybe one of Mayfield/Allen slips, or if not, some team is eager to trade up to draft Lamar Jackson (ie. Bills).

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

This is why it's a very good possibility that an OT is taken with the pick at #8.  Think about it, if the board goes something like this then an OT would most likely be BPA.

#1 CLE - Darnold/Rosen

#2 NYG - Darnold/Rosen

#3 IND - Chubb/Williams/Brown/Miller/McGlinchey

#4 CLE - Barkley/Fitzpatrick

#5 DEN - Mayfield/Allen

#6 NYJ - Mayfield/Allen/Fitzpatrick

#7 TB - Chubb/Barkley/Fitzpatrick

#8 CHI - Williams/Brown/Miller/McGlinchey/Davenport/Edmunds/Ridley???

The value may absolutely be at OT, although I am starting to sour on McGlinchey and Brown that high. I am not in love with this OT class in the top 10, but outside of possibly CB I am not seeing a slam dunk player at a need position.

OLB-Davenport has had a mediocre Senior Bowl, Edmunds was not a full time pass rusher.

WR-just no one worth the pick

20 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The value may absolutely be at OT, although I am starting to sour on McGlinchey and Brown that high. I am not in love with this OT class in the top 10, but outside of possibly CB I am not seeing a slam dunk player at a need position.

OLB-Davenport has had a mediocre Senior Bowl, Edmunds was not a full time pass rusher.

WR-just no one worth the pick

I've been hearing different things about Davenport. He hasn't looked good on the line playing 4-3 DE but he's been a monster coming off the edge.

Todd McShay said he's been the best player at the Senior Bowl this week, FWIW.

13 minutes ago, G08 said:

I've been hearing different things about Davenport. He hasn't looked good on the line playing 4-3 DE but he's been a monster coming off the edge.

Most have been pretty down on him.

I watched the last couple of days and was not impressed. The skills are obvious, but I am yet to see him cleanly win a 1 on 1.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

James Washington is really perfect for the Bears offense, but I worry he will get picked somewhere between 8 and 39.

I think one of Kirk, Washington, or Moore should be there in round 2 for us. 

Honestly though I feel Pace us pretty damned thorough and Nagy likely will see WRs that can be taken later in the draft that he believes will fit his offense perfectly. 

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think one of Kirk, Washington, or Moore should be there in round 2 for us. 

Honestly though I feel Pace us pretty damned thorough and Nagy likely will see WRs that can be taken later in the draft that he believes will fit his offense perfectly. 

So now we are picking WRs and OLmen later in the draft?

Doesn't seem like we are trying to maximize the talent around Trubisky.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

So now we are picking WRs and OLmen later in the draft?

Doesn't seem like we are trying to maximize the talent around Trubisky.

Not necessarily, no, but if you look at that Chiefs model you'll see they find a lot of their dudes later in the draft.

For me, I'd go OLB, WR, OL in the first 3 rounds.

52 minutes ago, G08 said:

I did not hear the whole radio clip, but our local sports talk reported that Davenport is destroying everybody put in front of him per pass rush and really standing out.

Archived