2018 Senior Bowl

Forge

Senior bowl is starting out, and as most of us know, this can be a super important week for prospects rising and falling in the draft. 

In an effort to weed out the catch all threads and having 100+ pages of draft talk, I'm separating this from the main draft thread. So talk in this thread to be focused on what happens this week between practices and the game. Measurements, risers / fallers, etc. 

One guy I really want to see is Marcus Davenport. The dude is a freak when you watch him...ungodly long with tremendous straight line speed (I don't think he's particularly agile east / west), but his level of competition is a major concern for me. He was going up largely against guys who are about to be accountants, not guys who are going to be competing for jobs in the NFL. He also was a standup backer for the most part, so there will be some transition to playing in the dirt for us. Should be noted that Landry has pulled out of the Senior Bowl, so it's one less Leo prospect. 

Isaiah Wynn is a guy I'd be really interested in, particularly if we bypass Nelson for a lack of fit. He's athletic, great versatility on the line. I think he woudl be a tremendous fit. 

35 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

https://www.seniorbowl.com/rosters-2018.php?squad=South

https://www.seniorbowl.com/rosters-2018.php?squad=North

Eager to see how ma boy D.J. Chark does. So many prospects, and I have no idea who the hell they are, lol. Trying to build up the interest in another draft process. 

Thank you...I probably should have posted the rosters in the original post, but I didn't even think about it lol

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Eager to see how ma boy D.J. Chark does. So many prospects, and I have no idea who the hell they are, lol. Trying to build up the interest in another draft process. 

Better build back up that interest! I rely on your prospect rankings come draft day... >:(;)

3 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Any and all the small school kids that whoop on the big D1 guys are always the people I root for in this game. They have the most to gain at these events with a good performance/week of practice.

D'Montre Wade - 6' 200lb Corner - Murray St. 

This is one hell of a bio...this guy Darius Leonard 6'3 LB - South Carolina St. 

2017 (Redshirt Senior): Became the second player under head coach Buddy Pough to be named MEAC Defensive Player of the Year for the second straight year in a row. Finished with season with 113 tackles (73 solo), while finishing fifth (5th) in voting for the Buck Buchannan Award given to the nation’s top defensive player in FCS I-AA… Was named to the prestigious Associated Press All-American Team, Box-to-Row, STATS FCS, Sports Madness, and while earning All-MEAC First Team honors for the fourth straight year. He reached an important milestone in his career breaking the record to become the School’s All-Time Leading Tackler.

2016 (Redshirt Junior): Started in all 11 Bulldogs games where he earned a career-high 124 tackles (78 solo). He was named the MEAC Defensive Player of the Year, Box-to-row National Defensive Player of the Year, SBN Mel Blunt Defensive Player of the Year while being named to numerous All-American teams including All-MEAC First Team honors for the third straight year.

2015 (Redshirt Sophomore): Earned first-team All-MEAC accolades…Started eight of 11 Bulldog games…Played a major role on defense, finishing second in total tackles with 70, including 50 unassisted…Added  13.5 tackles for loss, six sacks, two breakups, and two interceptions, one of which he returned 68 yards for a score…Had a single-game career-high 16 tackles in a win over Florida A&M.

2014 (Redshirt Freshman): Had a breakout season in his first season of college football on his way to earning MEAC Rookie of the Year accolades…Earned MEAC Defensive Player of the Week honors once, MEAC Rookie of the Week accolades twice and The Sports Network FCS National Freshman of the Week recognition once…Led team in total tackles with 87, including 73 unassisted…Also recorded 13.5 tackles for loss, five sacks, two interceptions and two forced fumbles and fumble recoveries each.

2013 (Freshman): Was redshirted.

Really curious about Rashaad Penny.  I know his stats, just not familiar with his running style. Want to see if he might be a potential fit for our style. Also want to see how Jaleel Scott does against a tougher level of competition. Mason Cole a potential lower round shot at Center for us maybe?

7 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Any and all the small school kids that whoop on the big D1 guys are always the people I root for in this game. They have the most to gain at these events with a good performance/week of practice.

Michael Joseph, CB from Dubuque, which I believe is division 3. 

15 int in 3 years including 8 this year (2 games with 3). They say he's about 6'0, 180 pounds. Won defensive player of the year. I really want to see him play up on some big boys during senior bowl week. 

If you want small school guys there is Alex Cappa OT from HSU, my old stomping ground.  He has the chance to be the second player in the last 25 years to be drafted from the school or something like that - projected third day I believe.

Watching Cedrick Wilson Jr games. He's on my radar. Could clean up the hands a bit, needs to get stronger and although very quick for 6'3 he doesn't appear to have great long speed or accelerate into it very fast.. That said, 6'3 guys who are quick, can still go vertical with solid hands too...another intriguing guy. 

And yes, he's the son of THE Cedrick Wilson. 

11 hours ago, Psychlone said:

Better build back up that interest! I rely on your prospect rankings come draft day... >:(;)

Oh heck, I hope you are kidding, lol. I can't imagine having THAT much time or prospect knowledge this time around. 

y2 won't let us down, though. He gots this.... and there are reports from Schleptor of that lazy Canadian finally getting off the bench to help him. :P

14 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Was it designed to pit Okla St players vs Oklahoma players?! Got Pokes on the South squad and Sooners on the North squad...Baker has one of his favorite targets in Dmitri Flowers, who always seems to be open.

If you haven't seen Obo Okoronkwo play, this is your chance. He is a pretty good LB and OU had him rushing as well as covering. I would estimate he could go in the 3rd round at the moment.

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Oh heck, I hope you are kidding, lol. I can't imagine having THAT much time or prospect knowledge this time around. 

y2 won't let us down, though. He gots this.... and there are reports from Schleptor of that lazy Canadian finally getting off the bench to help him. :P

Schleptor is wrong.

7 hours ago, John232 said:

Watching Cedrick Wilson Jr games. He's on my radar. Could clean up the hands a bit, needs to get stronger and although very quick for 6'3 he doesn't appear to have great long speed or accelerate into it very fast.. That said, 6'3 guys who are quick, can still go vertical with solid hands too...another intriguing guy. 

And yes, he's the son of THE Cedrick Wilson. 

...why do you have to make me feel old like that? 

Archived