2018 Senior Bowl

Forge

5 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Yeah, he looks just as good as the top RBs in this draft, in my opinion. A lot of great RB options, though, if Kyle really wants to get one. I don't feel like there's really a huge drop-off between the likely first round guys and the third round guys.

The main reason i dont want to go RB in the first is that i feel that position always has those later round guys that do just as well if not better. Look at last year. Fournette has been great for the Jags but Hunt and Kamara have been easily as impressive if not more. And with the Shanahan offense and the RB Coach we have i feel we have a really good idea what kind of RB's we want and will work good within this offense. 

Alex Cappa is number 71 playing right guard for the south, he played left tackle for my old school.  He has looked good for the most part, I dont know the guys he is going against offhand.  He had a whiff once but that is the only poor play from him that I have seen (new position for him too), he had some good block in the run game.  I dunno if he will translate to a guard or not but I gotta pimp my guy a little, Green helmet.

His poor play was in pass protection, he has been moving people in the run game.

3 minutes ago, burlow said:

Alex Cappa is number 71 playing right guard for the south, he played left tackle for my old school.  He has looked good for the most part, I dont know the guys he is going against offhand.  He had a whiff once but that is the only poor play from him that I have seen (new position for him too), he had some good block in the run game.  I dunno if he will translate to a guard or not but I gotta pimp my guy a little, Green helmet.

His poor play was in pass protection, he has been moving people in the run game.

Yeah, he looked a little lost in the first quarter. I was looking forward to see him. I haven't noticed him since, but I'm not paying close attention. He's a nasty guy. And he can juggle!

I only recently got the game on so I dont know how the start of it went but with the last touchdown on the north he got the DT pushed out of the way and got on a LB after that on a run play.  They are getting the ball back so I will be watching him again

2 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Oh man, that interview with Griffin ending with him missing his turn on the punt team... that was gold.

I just tuned into the game right as that interview went down. I had a good chuckle. Griffin seems like a really cool guy and I'll be cheering for him where ever he goes.

4 minutes ago, Geek said:

I just tuned into the game right as that interview went down. I had a good chuckle. Griffin seems like a really cool guy and I'll be cheering for him where ever he goes.

It's hard not to cheer for the guy. But missing a hand is a significant limitation. And he doesn't necessarily have the size you'd want. We'll see.

On 1/27/2018 at 10:56 AM, 757-NINER said:

Hey, watch your mouth!

And he wasnt #1, he was like #3. I think Hand from Bama and Nhadi from FSU were both ranked ahead of him. All of them happen to be really good friends also...

Brown underwhelmed his first two years. Wasnt discplined, wasnt focused. Once Mendenhall took over he really transformed his body and he looked like that prospect everyone thought he would be his last two years.

Like Mendenhall, do you? I know BYU misses him...a LOT! 

On 1/27/2018 at 8:56 AM, 757-NINER said:

Hey, watch your mouth!

And he wasnt #1, he was like #3. I think Hand from Bama and Nhadi from FSU were both ranked ahead of him. All of them happen to be really good friends also...

Brown underwhelmed his first two years. Wasnt discplined, wasnt focused. Once Mendenhall took over he really transformed his body and he looked like that prospect everyone thought he would be his last two years.

LOL my bad but lets be real how many 5 stars really enroll at virginia? Chris long was the last guy I remember that was really that touted. Even so a coaching change into his first couple years is a good excuse for down play. He had a good game in the senior bowl even though the announcers never gave him credit. 

I noticed Quin Blanding was another 5 star that year that went to Virginia, he's a senior too right? What type of player is he?

Archived