*NEW UNIFORMS THREAD*

.Buzz

22 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Actually, it’s this year’s. They literally just changed the color of the Pro Bowl jersey that Jalen wore and changed the text

I think the joke is “this is just a simple recolor of a jersey everyone hated and we put exactly zero effort into coming up with it” more so than the other stuff you’re reading into.

I mean, any time you throw a gradiant on there, it's going to be goofy like the background of a middle school powerpoint presentation or something.  Aside from that though...gimme that kind of simplicity any day.

The difference between a good or bad "simple" concept like that often just comes down to the colours and little details like the Pro Bowl font vs Jaguars font, etc.  Where the "low effort recolour" basically fixes them.

On 3/5/2018 at 2:21 PM, iPwn said:

I wish they would do this

Upby7Zw.png

Legit top 5 uniform in the NFL if they went with that. 

I still think this is the perfect outcome. Outside of the missing Jaguar/shield and maybe black pants, this is basically exactly what I want.

3 hours ago, iPwn said:

I still think this is the perfect outcome. Outside of the missing Jaguar/shield and maybe black pants, this is basically exactly what I want.

I'm not big on the Teal+Black pants combo.  I like that Teal+White Pants, and White+Black Pants combos best.  But i'm imagining they'll continue to mix 'n match a bit for certain games.  Whatever it ends up being, we'll probably get some of each combo here and there.

Also still prefer more of a traditional "stripe" to the angular slash motif.  More traditional and classic, and more solid feeling imo.  Plus, stripes add speed.

Like the joke shade of deeper teal more too, though as discussed previously...it's often harder to tell until you see it in a lot of different light conditions.

That's the trick with "simple" though.  Minor differences and preferences become really important to the overall look.

5 hours ago, Speedyg said:

That's actually pretty darn sleek. Gimme the shield though. 

although I'm not sure that jersey design is close enough to the classics the way tc implied it

It also doesn't have any Teal...

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

AD7Lvzh.gif

Get the feeling he just didn't see it honestly. But who knows.

From people who have seen it they say it's a very clean, classic look. Have a hard time believing that won't be what most of us want. Jalen seems like a guy that would want more flash so it wouldn't shock me if the new ones don't do that for him.

On 06/04/2018 at 1:59 PM, .Buzz said:

From people who have seen it they say it's a very clean, classic look. Have a hard time believing that won't be what most of us want. Jalen seems like a guy that would want more flash so it wouldn't shock me if the new ones don't do that for him.

Yeah.  That's probably true.  It's just hard to trust they're really going to nail it when you remember this is largely the same organization that dreamt up "two tone helmets".  Which was very bad.  So...yeah...

I wish they'd just show us the darn things already.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  That's probably true.  It's just hard to trust they're really going to nail it when you remember this is largely the same organization that dreamt up "two tone helmets".  Which was very bad.  So...yeah...

I wish they'd just show us the darn things already.

I mean, that was pretty much solely Shad who did it when he first took over as the owner and wanted flash. 

Coughlin is an old school guy and largely developed the uniforms from what has been said. Feel like there's a good chance of what we want/expect happening. Already been confirmed our helmets are all black.

On 4/6/2018 at 3:59 PM, .Buzz said:

I think he meant that he'd seen them already before. I don't think he meant that the doesn't like the jerseys. Everyone needs to relax.

Archived