.Buzz

*NEW UNIFORMS THREAD*

On 7/5/2018 at 8:08 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

Jerseys looking great.

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Jerseys looking great.

I just don't get the love for these. They are so boring and plain not to mention the giant numbers look ridiculous. The old uniforms were fine without the two tone helmet and most of all unique

7 hours ago, Dboi2001 said:

I just don't get the love for these. They are so boring and plain not to mention the giant numbers look ridiculous. The old uniforms were fine without the two tone helmet and most of all unique

Eh its a jersey, how flashy you want it? Let the product on the field make the jersey look good

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Eh its a jersey, how flashy you want it? Let the product on the field make the jersey look good

Yeah.  I wouldn't really want them more "flashy".  What we had before was just too much stuff.  The more i see the new ones though, the more i'm convinced it's really just the bland unstyled numbers that really hold the jerseys back from being good.  Get a bit of a border on there and you'd have a winner imo.  Not necessarily more "flashy"...just more "finished" looking.

15 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Eh so what you spilled ketchup on your 200 dollar suit it's just clothes

I want my team to look cool when I watch them. I'm tired of this excuse. I'm a big uniform buff and I don't care how good the jags are those jerseys will never be good

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  I wouldn't really want them more "flashy".  What we had before was just too much stuff.  The more i see the new ones though, the more i'm convinced it's really just the bland unstyled numbers that really hold the jerseys back from being good.  Get a bit of a border on there and you'd have a winner imo.  Not necessarily more "flashy"...just more "finished" looking.

How were the last ones too much? And there jerseys have literally nothing to them? Let's say they used the same style number font instead of the ones they used what would make them unique? 

It feels like the popular opinion is everyone in the nfl should look exactly the same outside of colors

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2018 at 8:53 PM, Dboi2001 said:

Eh so what you spilled ketchup on your 200 dollar suit it's just clothes

I want my team to look cool when I watch them. I'm tired of this excuse. I'm a big uniform buff and I don't care how good the jags are those jerseys will never be good

So how do you feel about other teams with a plain look? Giants, Packers, Raiders, etc.?

I don't need a futuristic look ala TEN/TB/JAX (last year), etc. It's a good, plain, clean look. Everyone has their tastes, you clearly like a lot going on. Just because you like that doesn't mean this isn't a clean look.

Edited by .Buzz

Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2018 at 10:54 PM, .Buzz said:

So how do you feel about other teams with a plain look? Giants, Packers, Raiders, etc.?

I don't need a futuristic look ala TEN/TB/JAX (last year), etc. It's a good, plain, clean look. Everyone has their tastes, you clearly like a lot going on. Just because you like that doesn't mean this isn't a clean look.

I hate the Giants, they look cheap and lack consistency with the white. But I do love Raiders and Packers but that is because they are old school teams with the jaguars it just looks silly especially when they say they are more 'traditional' for a 20 year old team whose first uniform set was anything but traditional. Custom number font, teal and gold, double trim. Honestly the previous set had more in common with the classic set than these do. Custom sharp number font, double gold and black trim, teal numbers on the white. The Jags first set wasn't exactly 'traditional' now was it?

The issue I have with the new uniforms is they are generic. What about them are unique?  What about them say Jaguars? With the raiders and packers they own their brand and colors. The Raiders are one of the few nfl teams that nukes white from their home uniforms and it looks amazing. I want the jaguars to own that aspect. I want them to own the fact they are a young franchise making history not act like they are a founding member. Another problem I have with the new ones is they feel too hard to be 'retro-modern'. It feels like they go half way and when you go half way it makes doesn't look good. The tiny jaguar head looks unfinished, the teal cuffs is pointless, the lack of trim makes it look cheap and the numbers are too big and goofy looking. Most of all it is just generic. People criticize the Texans for looking generic but not this? It just feels like people here think old is better. For example everyone hated the 49ers 90s uniforms because of the shadow drop and criticize the Brown's uniform for having shadow drop but love the Rangers' and Lakers' old school uniforms? I even see people praise the Vikings old school uniforms but criticize the packers uniforms for having white and yellow stripes together but the Vikings are fine?

If the Jaguars were a founding nfl team and always had this look I'd accept it and respect it like the Giants but they aren't and I just can't

I don't hate plain uniforms I love the Raiders, Vikings and Packers uniforms. I also hate stupid *** gaudy **** like the Bucs but I don't want everyone to be generic and samey. Name me 10 unique things about the jags new set. It is one thing to be clean and another to look generic. BTW I thought the old set looked cleaner than the new ones because I can read the numbers better and the JAGS patch is more appropriate than just the logo

It just feels like if we had it your way every team would look the same. Is there any modern 'crazy' uniform that you like and any old school ones you hate? Do you think every plain uniform looks good?

Edited by Dboi2001

6 hours ago, Dboi2001 said:

Name me 10 unique things about the jags new set.

Can you name 10 unique things about the Raiders set?

9 hours ago, pwny said:

Can you name 10 unique things about the Raiders set?

Not really but they get an excuse. Plus again they own their color scheme of silver and black. The jaguar aren't owning their colors and are doing the opposite going with the most generic look of black and white

Even then I don't want every team to be the raiders. Only the raiders can pull it off purely because of their color scheme (even then I kind of hate their white jerseys)

6 minutes ago, Dboi2001 said:

Not really but they get an excuse. Plus again they own their color scheme of silver and black. The jaguar aren't owning their colors and are doing the opposite going with the most generic look of black and white

Even then I don't want every team to be the raiders. Only the raiders can pull it off purely because of their color scheme (even then I kind of hate their white jerseys)

I think they should have done a little more with number borders, but simplistic is good imo. They need to do what the Dolphins did to their set this year and they’d be near perfect.

I like the idea of being on the cutting edge, like with the last jersey set but they get dated quickly. That set was destined for a redesign.

If this becomes the primary, this is an elite colorway.

They don’t need to have 10 unique things or something like that. Make something that can work for a couple decades or longer without looking stupid with changing cultural tastes.

43 minutes ago, pwny said:

I think they should have done a little more with number borders, but simplistic is good imo. They need to do what the Dolphins did to their set this year and they’d be near perfect.

I like the idea of being on the cutting edge, like with the last jersey set but they get dated quickly. That set was destined for a redesign.

If this becomes the primary, this is an elite colorway.

They don’t need to have 10 unique things or something like that. Make something that can work for a couple decades or longer without looking stupid with changing cultural tastes.

But the thing is every uniform is dated in some way. Classic uniforms are considered old school and if we're honest if they were made exactly like that today it'd look cheap... exhibit A. I mean everyone loves the Jaguars first uniforms and they are extremely 90s. The Bears custom number font is very 60s. People love the Vikings throwbacks despite the amount of problems from inconsistent shade of purple with the helmet and jerseys to yellow on white striping. People criticize the Seahawks uniforms as being inconsistent with colors but love the Cowboys and Giants uniforms. I saw this one guy analyze nfl uniforms and he consistently criticize teams with excessive logos on the sleeves like the panthers and patriots but loved the Falcons old uniforms for having that. Hell he criticized the Falcons for having a black helmet because it shallows out the logo but loved the old falcon helmet where the falcon is shallowed out even more since it is all black. It just feels like people praise anything old simply because it is old no matter how bad. One person described the old falcons logo as perfect despite being awful in every way. I still see people say that University of Hawaii and the Denver Nuggets should wear their rainbow uniforms full time

hawaii-football-uniforms-090915-twitter-

https://www.nba.com/nuggets/gallery/rainbow-jersey-102416

These new uniforms are no different. They are still chasing a trend of retro design and minimalism. For example many corporate logos are much more simple and flat

This is no difference (that is another issue I have it clashes with the logo). There is no way to truly transcend cultural trend. Every uniform will dated elements but it looks silly when the youngest nfl team tries to be 'old school'. Imagine the Colts announcing new uniforms and making it reflective blue with color changing helmets. It'd look silly even if it looks good because that is not the colts. How is this any different?

Is there any simple uniforms you hate and any complex ones you like?

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Why did you send me this? They're not good uniforms. Simple doesn't mean good. The numbers are too big and look goofy and embrace literally nothing about the jaguars

Teal and gold is our colors yet they're barely featured. In fact they represent Jacksonville extremely well (teal ocean and golden beaches). These aren't bold at all. Bold means daring and adventurous. What about these is either thing? Like do you want every team to look like Penn State? Being simple doesn't mean good

Look at he Jaguar first uniforms? Do these look simple to you? What is traditional about the btw uniforms? You must think the Browns uniforms are amazing

old_teal_over_black1.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golfdigest.com/story/miami-dolphins-jacksonville-jaguars-unveil-underwhelming-new-uniforms/amp