*NEW UNIFORMS THREAD*

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, Dboi2001 said:

Why did you send me this?

I didn’t send you anything. I made a post in a thread, directed at no one.

You’re looking for someone to argue with because you’re big time mad about this and I’m not interested in dealing with navigating through debating your affirmations of consequent examples.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

I didn’t send you anything. I made a post in a thread, directed at no one.

You’re looking for someone to argue with because you’re big time mad about this and I’m not interested in dealing with navigating through debating your affirmations of consequent examples.

I'm not arguing it's called a debate

On 16/07/2018 at 3:52 PM, Dboi2001 said:

I hate the Giants, they look cheap and lack consistency with the white. But I do love Raiders and Packers but that is because they are old school teams with the jaguars it just looks silly especially when they say they are more 'traditional' for a 20 year old team whose first uniform set was anything but traditional. Custom number font, teal and gold, double trim. Honestly the previous set had more in common with the classic set than these do. Custom sharp number font, double gold and black trim, teal numbers on the white. The Jags first set wasn't exactly 'traditional' now was it?

The issue I have with the new uniforms is they are generic. What about them are unique?  What about them say Jaguars? With the raiders and packers they own their brand and colors. The Raiders are one of the few nfl teams that nukes white from their home uniforms and it looks amazing. I want the jaguars to own that aspect. I want them to own the fact they are a young franchise making history not act like they are a founding member. Another problem I have with the new ones is they feel too hard to be 'retro-modern'. It feels like they go half way and when you go half way it makes doesn't look good. The tiny jaguar head looks unfinished, the teal cuffs is pointless, the lack of trim makes it look cheap and the numbers are too big and goofy looking. Most of all it is just generic. People criticize the Texans for looking generic but not this? It just feels like people here think old is better. For example everyone hated the 49ers 90s uniforms because of the shadow drop and criticize the Brown's uniform for having shadow drop but love the Rangers' and Lakers' old school uniforms? I even see people praise the Vikings old school uniforms but criticize the packers uniforms for having white and yellow stripes together but the Vikings are fine?

If the Jaguars were a founding nfl team and always had this look I'd accept it and respect it like the Giants but they aren't and I just can't

I don't hate plain uniforms I love the Raiders, Vikings and Packers uniforms. I also hate stupid *** gaudy **** like the Bucs but I don't want everyone to be generic and samey. Name me 10 unique things about the jags new set. It is one thing to be clean and another to look generic. BTW I thought the old set looked cleaner than the new ones because I can read the numbers better and the JAGS patch is more appropriate than just the logo

It just feels like if we had it your way every team would look the same. Is there any modern 'crazy' uniform that you like and any old school ones you hate? Do you think every plain uniform looks good?

This is a lot along the lines of how i feel about it.  Particularly when it comes to the Jaguars throwing back to a "traditional" look they never had, because the team doesn't have that kind of history behind it.  For me, "traditional" Jaguars would have some sort of unique number font and a bit of flair to the outlines and stuff.

I really didn't care for the old uniforms at all, but they've kneejerked way too far in the other direction with these imo.

Some teams can pull off the super simplistic "throwback" uniforms.  It fits their team history and image.  Other teams like the Jaguars, it just doesn't really jive for me.

I also do miss the shield logo, which really wasn't "gaudy" or excessive in the slightest.  If anything, the cheetos cat logo redesign is overly busy and overdetailed.

On 4/19/2018 at 3:24 PM, pwny said:

3veHwbH.jpg

D9eojKu.jpg

plz football gods. I’ve been a good person. Just give me these two looks every home game.

I still think if you do one of these two combos, it’s a great set. Only thing that really should be potentially changed is adding a teal border on the numbers for the black set, and black on the teal set. 

5 hours ago, pwny said:

I still think if you do one of these two combos, it’s a great set. Only thing that really should be potentially changed is adding a teal border on the numbers for the black set, and black on the teal set. 

And add gold trim, some designs on the pants and you know a decent number font that isn't gigantic. They look like the Carolina panthers

1 hour ago, Dboi2001 said:

And add gold trim, some designs on the pants and you know a decent number font that isn't gigantic. They look like the Carolina panthers

Wait, you don't like the uniforms?

2 hours ago, VLoo said:

Wait, you don't like the uniforms?

no i hated them.They are so boring and generic. Simple uniforms work with old school teams not a very young expansion team. The last uniforms were cool and unique. These look like the Blaine Gabbert uniforms. In fact if you hate the reebok uniforms but love these why exactly? They are the same

yb2406q.jpg

9 hours ago, skaterbirdhouse said:

Ordered my first Jersey in Years last week(ngakoue). Pretty excited to rock it at the Minnesota preseason game in August.

Personally I love the back to basics look we went with!

Why do people think classic means boring and good? What is there to like about it? It literally looks like practical jerseys

1 hour ago, Dboi2001 said:

Why do people think classic means boring and good? What is there to like about it? It literally looks like practical jerseys

You don't like it. We get it. Move on.

Some of us do, don't have to jump down our throat just because we have different tastes in jerseys.

On 20/07/2018 at 8:31 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

I love when people get so mad about the uniforms. They could be wearing rainbow helmets, jerseys and pants and I wouldn’t care. All I care about is how they perform. 

I would care.  Appearance is an important part of an entertainment business.  That's what football is.

It's unpleasant spending significant time looking at ugly uniforms.  Unpleasant is bad entertainment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2018 at 11:02 PM, .Buzz said:

You don't like it. We get it. Move on.

Some of us do, don't have to jump down our throat just because we have different tastes in jerseys.

Can you explain why simple means goods? Is there such thing as too simple? What if every team decided to be Penn State how would you feel?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived