*NEW UNIFORMS THREAD*

.Buzz

12 hours ago, Tugboat said:

They should lay down some teal astroturf at the bank too.  Like Boise State, except real nice Teal colour.

Turn everything teal. Make the entire Jaguar just shades of teal.

There was a reference to the jerseys drawing from what some future Hall of Famers wore, and also Shad finding it necessary to say how excited people got for teal this past season.

Every one of our guys who at this stage you could say is deserving of discussion of making the Hall; Tony Boselli, Fred Taylor, Jimmy Smith and even MJD, all played under the first era jersey styling. 

”Forever teal” as part of that marketing, combined with these statements... if the jerseys aren’t teal primary, I will riot. But moreover, you gotta think the altered version that’s a I posted might be the closest thing to matching that contention.

53 minutes ago, iPwn said:

There was a reference to the jerseys drawing from what some future Hall of Famers wore, and also Shad finding it necessary to say how excited people got for teal this past season.

Every one of our guys who at this stage you could say is deserving of discussion of making the Hall; Tony Boselli, Fred Taylor, Jimmy Smith and even MJD, all played under the first era jersey styling. 

”Forever teal” as part of that marketing, combined with these statements... if the jerseys aren’t teal primary, I will riot. But moreover, you gotta think the altered version that’s a I posted might be the closest thing to matching that contention.

So does that mean those early jersey concepts aren't true?

But yeah, all these references and Khan saying that about teal will make it awfully weird to not have teal primaries.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

So does that mean those early jersey concepts aren't true?

They’re from a legit source. I don’t think that the fact that black was first necessarily meant those were going to be the primaries though. And from what I heard, the numbers weren’t done yet, so it may have had some alterations since then.

33 minutes ago, iPwn said:

They’re from a legit source. I don’t think that the fact that black was first necessarily meant those were going to be the primaries though. And from what I heard, the numbers weren’t done yet, so it may have had some alterations since then.

Gotcha.

April 19th can't come soon enough.

Flip the gold with white outlines to white with gold outlines on the numbers, and i'd be down for the April Fools uniforms for serious.

Swap the Cheeto cat for the Shield while we're at it i guess.  But that's...actually really along the lines of what i'm hoping for.  So it's kinda concerning they think that's a "joke" uniform...

11 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Flip the gold with white outlines to white with gold outlines on the numbers, and i'd be down for the April Fools uniforms for serious.

Swap the Cheeto cat for the Shield while we're at it i guess.  But that's...actually really along the lines of what i'm hoping for.  So it's kinda concerning they think that's a "joke" uniform...

I’m pretty sure that’s just a recolor of the Pro Bowl uniform from a couple years ago. Said Pro Bowl uniforms got trolled to no end on Twitter.

On 02/04/2018 at 10:16 AM, iPwn said:

I’m pretty sure that’s just a recolor of the Pro Bowl uniform from a couple years ago. Said Pro Bowl uniforms got trolled to no end on Twitter.

Which year?  I mean, they're all terribly ugly pretty much every year, on account of the ridiculous and ugly colour palettes they always choose as a gimmicky thing.  But in any case, i don't really care if it is mostly a recolour of that because it's the right teal colour and that fixes the problem. It's simple, clean, and the pants are good with that basic two-tone stripe + not all matchy matchy to the jerseys.  What more do you want?

The gold numbers obviously need to go, but it's not hard to see past that to a nice classic uniform look if they were flipped to white.  I'm not sure what else you'd even add to that look without cluttering it up and detracting from the overall style.  Maybe a little bit of a cuff on the arms?  It's hard to imagine any other design elements that'd i'd think really enhance the look.  Don't need a bunch of random swooshes, stripes, slashes, shapes or "claw marks" plastered on there imo.  With the numbers swapped and shield instead of cat, i'd like these uniforms as much as any other concept i've seen.

Scares me a bit that they think clean and simple is a "joke".  Hopefully the joke part was just the blinged out numbers.

20 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Which year?  I mean, they're all terribly ugly pretty much every year, on account of the ridiculous and ugly colour palettes they always choose as a gimmicky thing.  But in any case, i don't really care if it is mostly a recolour of that because it's the right teal colour and that fixes the problem. It's simple, clean, and the pants are good with that basic two-tone stripe + not all matchy matchy to the jerseys.  What more do you want?

The gold numbers obviously need to go, but it's not hard to see past that to a nice classic uniform look if they were flipped to white.  I'm not sure what else you'd even add to that look without cluttering it up and detracting from the overall style.  Maybe a little bit of a cuff on the arms?  It's hard to imagine any other design elements that'd i'd think really enhance the look.  Don't need a bunch of random swooshes, stripes, slashes, shapes or "claw marks" plastered on there imo.  With the numbers swapped and shield instead of cat, i'd like these uniforms as much as any other concept i've seen.

Scares me a bit that they think clean and simple is a "joke".  Hopefully the joke part was just the blinged out numbers.

Actually, it’s this year’s. They literally just changed the color of the Pro Bowl jersey that Jalen wore and changed the text

I think the joke is “this is just a simple recolor of a jersey everyone hated and we put exactly zero effort into coming up with it” more so than the other stuff you’re reading into.

Archived