Todd Haley, Browns Offensive Coordinator!

buno67

Is this a good hire?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good hire to you?

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I would love to see him develop Drango and Coleman into serviceable linemen. I'm still saying we should pick an OT at one point though. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Agreed that Drango had some bad plays when he moved to LT....but at RG.....he and Coleman didn't look serviceable to you last year???

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Agreed that Drango had some bad plays when he moved to LT....but at RG.....he and Coleman didn't look serviceable to you last year???

I'd like to see them both step up more than they have. Neither of them make me pause in wanting to draft a good OT this year. 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

11 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I'd like to see them both step up more than they have. Neither of them make me pause in wanting to draft a good OT this year. 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I feel you at OT for Drango...he's a guard..I think he develops into the new John Greco (who wasnt terrible for about 2-3 year run there...), but I think Coleman did a pretty good job....rookie errors, made sense to me for a guy how missed a signficant time playing in college dealing with the cancer.

I am also interested in seeing what we have that may develop at OT....I liked Zach Banner a lot coming out of SoCal last year....and I like that Rod Johnson came to FSU and caused their all American LT to be moved to C (now that's Cameron Irving, so that's not saying a lot LOL)...and IMO the only clear upgrades at OT to make me want to forego seeing how our young guys develop would need to be taken within the first 35 picks...which I want a Darnold, Minkah and then a RB/WR/DE/CB combo of picks in round 2....but if there was some extreme value...I'd be down....

20 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I feel you at OT for Drango...he's a guard..I think he develops into the new John Greco (who wasnt terrible for about 2-3 year run there...), but I think Coleman did a pretty good job....rookie errors, made sense to me for a guy how missed a signficant time playing in college dealing with the cancer.

I am also interested in seeing what we have that may develop at OT....I liked Zach Banner a lot coming out of SoCal last year....and I like that Rod Johnson came to FSU and caused their all American LT to be moved to C (now that's Cameron Irving, so that's not saying a lot LOL)...and IMO the only clear upgrades at OT to make me want to forego seeing how our young guys develop would need to be taken within the first 35 picks...which I want a Darnold, Minkah and then a RB/WR/DE/CB combo of picks in round 2....but if there was some extreme value...I'd be down....

I feel ya. I think if Joe comes back and Coleman can be a solid RT for us then we can pick a developmental LT in the later rounds and see if Joe cannot help mentor the rookie up. Imaging if you had a season or 2 to learn from Joe Thomas with no expectation to start?

That is all

Mastercheddaar

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I feel ya. I think if Joe comes back and Coleman can be a solid RT for us then we can pick a developmental LT in the later rounds and see if Joe cannot help mentor the rookie up. Imaging if you had a season or 2 to learn from Joe Thomas with no expectation to start?

That is all

Mastercheddaar

And you were 6'9 344lbs with decent agility ;)

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think Darnold is the closest QB that resembles the QBs Haley has had success with 

Kurk Warner and Big Ben

I think its Darnold at 1

I hope that this is not the kiss-of-death for Darnold. :D

9 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Kurt Warner 6’1 220

Baker Mayfield 6’1 216 

No so much size but his game. To me at least Warner in Arizona threw alot like how Darnold does. Darnold has the out of pocket ability like Big. But when it comes to arm strength and accuracy looks like Warner did in Arizona. 

On 1/24/2018 at 8:56 AM, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

You don't want to see @Rod Johnson be serviceable too?  How disrespectful! He's nice enough to come share his opinions with us and you don't even include him? Geez.  Banner, too? I would love to see them all developed into good linemen. 

I mostly come in here to moan whenever somebody says anything nice about Sashi Brown lmao

But as far as Haley goes I'm excited to just get burden off of Hue to run the offense.  I follow a couple of Steelers fans on twitter that basically had Haley on blast all season and calling this a typical Browns failure as a pick-up.  Most of these guys have solid perspectives in general so I'm definitely not buying that Haley will be amazing for us.  It would be nice not to see Hue bumbling around with timeouts and spending 45 seconds talking to the ref while he searches for the red flag to a challenge a play everybody watching already knows won't be overturned.

We really have no excuse not to with 6-7 games next year.  Too much cap space, too many picks, too many young guys that are should better to think that we can't turn this around very quickly.

10 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I mostly come in here to moan whenever somebody says anything nice about Sashi Brown lmao

But as far as Haley goes I'm excited to just get burden off of Hue to run the offense.  I follow a couple of Steelers fans on twitter that basically had Haley on blast all season and calling this a typical Browns failure as a pick-up.  Most of these guys have solid perspectives in general so I'm definitely not buying that Haley will be amazing for us.  It would be nice not to see Hue bumbling around with timeouts and spending 45 seconds talking to the ref while he searches for the red flag to a challenge a play everybody watching already knows won't be overturned.

We really have no excuse not to with 6-7 games next year.  Too much cap space, too many picks, too many young guys that are should better to think that we can't turn this around very quickly.

You are assuming that he won't bumble timeouts or put his flag in his underwear just because he isn't calling the offense?  Its time to see how hue-like he really is....

Archived