Monster Hunter: World

showtime

1 hour ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Well, I finally ran into a douchey player on this game.  I could see that he was talking, so I put in my mic so I could hear.  He gets all super serious and even kicks someone that gets killed.  So I start tossing down traps and hitting circle at Bazel just to blow up, then heal and blow up again, because it is funny took a while to die, but I finally did and he kicked me.  LOL.  I don't know about you guys, but I play games to have fun.  This dude went all Wings of Redemption on everyone.  No way the game is enjoyable.

Wings of Redemption is an icon.

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2018 at 7:12 PM, MdTitansFan56 said:

I recently got this game, it's hard to get into. Any tips? Hunts usually end up with me running around a lot poking a monster. Chase rinse and repeat

It is very grindy.  Kill monsters to get better gear to kill stronger monsters to get even better gear to kill still stronger monsters.  I personally think it gets more fun with more difficult monsters to fight.  I played a ton when it came out, I still play for an hour, maybe two most days.

I love it.  I can totally see how it isn't some people's cup of tea.  

16 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

It is very grindy.  Kill monsters to get better gear to kill stronger monsters to get even better gear to kill still stronger monsters.  I personally think it gets more fun with more difficult monsters to fight.  I played a ton when it came out, I still play for an hour, maybe two most days.

I love it.  I can totally see how it isn't some people's cup of tea.  

I was so pumped and thought I'd love it. I don't mind the grindy aspect it's the fact that I just run around chasing a monster hitting it a couple times, then having to run half the map to hit him a couple more times haha

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 3:16 PM, MdTitansFan56 said:

I was so pumped and thought I'd love it. I don't mind the grindy aspect it's the fact that I just run around chasing a monster hitting it a couple times, then having to run half the map to hit him a couple more times haha

Once you get better control of your weapon you will be hitting the monster a lot more. Honestly, everyone should be starting the game on GreatSword. It is probably the easiest to hit higher damage numbers, which is really satisfying for most players, and it will help you learn monster attack patterns the most (for dodging effectively) and when to attack because of how much slower it is then most of the other weapons. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/12/2019 at 5:12 AM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Anybody playing Iceborne? How is it?

$40 for DLC is too steep for me, at least for this particular game. I’ll hold onto my video game piggy bank for now.

Edited by Dome