Monster Hunter: World

showtime

I'm shocked there is no thread on this.  The game releases on Friday, January 26, 2018.  It will be available on the Playstation 4 and Xbox One.  Many people dove into the beta and it has gotten sensational reception so far.  Many might be familiar with this iconic series, but if you're not - to put it in its simplest terms this is a action RPG that can be played single-player or multiplayer.  There is a ton of depth and unlimited replay-ability.

Here's a very short video by IGN describing it briefly if you're completely unfamiliar with it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f56WnejBpUM

EAx0jQj.jpg

2 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Been waiting for this for a long while.... However I will be waiting for the P.C port hopefully around Q3 of this year...

Fall 2018 in the best case scenario.  And that's actually assuming the port will be good, which it might not be.  Good luck.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, showtime said:

Fall 2018 in the best case scenario.  And that's actually assuming the port will be good, which it might not be.  Good luck.

I trust they'll make a decent enough port, especially considering they're launching it on the xbox. 

Plus the mods will more than make up for a bad port if that does happen.

I'm super amped for this. Game looks fan-freaking-tastic, and judging by the reviews available thus far (granted, it has a review embargo up), it's supposed to be one of, if not the best game in the series (Famitsu gave it a 39/40), and that's really saying a lot, too.

Capcom games with a budget look good, who knew?

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I'm super amped for this. Game looks fan-freaking-tastic, and judging by the reviews available thus far (granted, it has a review embargo up), it's supposed to be one of, if not the best game in the series (Famitsu gave it a 39/40), and that's really saying a lot, too.

Capcom games with a budget look good, who knew?

Yea, the game has gotten amazing reception.  Even from notoriously tough reviewers.  I was listening to a guy who has been massively into the past games and he said the difficulty and true experience of the past games hasn't been lost in this new version.  I'm so excited.

Also, I love the fact this game is coming out on Friday.  Gives me plenty of time after work to dig in and spend some quality time during the weekend to play.

12 hours ago, showtime said:

Yea, the game has gotten amazing reception.  Even from notoriously tough reviewers.  I was listening to a guy who has been massively into the past games and he said the difficulty and true experience of the past games hasn't been lost in this new version.  I'm so excited.

Also, I love the fact this game is coming out on Friday.  Gives me plenty of time after work to dig in and spend some quality time during the weekend to play.

I just pre-ordered my copy and the clerk told me it'd be ready for pick-up tomorrow @ 9 PM EST.

eebe1cc2361d9d8d2984ec83d6ba58944731348e

1 minute ago, KManX89 said:

I just pre-ordered my copy and the clerk told me it'd be ready for pick-up tomorrow @ 9 PM EST.

Sweet.  You're getting yours a few hours early.  

What weapons are you excited to use?  I'm looking forward to trying out everything, but Dual Blades looks so sweet.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Sweet.  You're getting yours a few hours early.  

What weapons are you excited to use?  I'm looking forward to trying out everything, but Dual Blades looks so sweet.

Hammer all day every day. I love its versatility:

1. Fast Enemy - Smash 

2. Armored Enemy - Smash

3. Big Enemy - Smash

4. Small Enemy - Smash 

5. Flying Enemy - Swing wildly at the air till someone pulls them down then Smash. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Hammer all day every day. I love its versatility:

1. Fast Enemy - Smash 

2. Armored Enemy - Smash

3. Big Enemy - Smash

4. Small Enemy - Smash 

5. Flying Enemy - Swing wildly at the air till someone pulls them down then Smash. 

Haha.  Hammer is going to be a ton of fun.  I was watching someone use the gunner and they were auto-crafting using Fire Herbs.  They were doing a really good amount of damage at mid-range.  Seemed like a really fun play style that's much different than melee based.

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

Pardon me if I'm uneducated but isn't this usually a Nintendo ds game 

Various combinations of both Sony and Nintendo.  The original Monster Hunter game released in 2004 for the Playstation 2.  A year later an expansion came out for both the PS2 and Nintendo Wii, I believe.  There was also a handheld version released in 2005 titled Monster Hunter Freedom.  Monster Hunter 2 was also released on the PS2 and PSP.

What you're thinking of is more recent games.  The third installment of the series released on the Wii and the expansion also released on the 3DS.  Monster Hunter 4 released on the 3DS, as did Monster Hunter Generations.

Monster Hunter World is going to be the first game in the series that releases on Xbox.  It is releasing on both the PS4 and Xbox One this Friday, January 26th.