Monster Hunter: World

showtime

There's no point to have most of that stuff in the game.  A lot of it is extremely tedious stuff that even a lot of the most hardcore fans of the series didn't like in the past.  Like for instance, not having to stop as you go when you collect certain things, the auto-crafting system making things for you as you run through.  All of those things are quality of life improvements.  I'm not buying this game to stand around crafting stuff together.  I want to play.

But what I really meant was, this game doesn't hold your hand like 99% of games do.  This game is very challenging no matter how experienced you are.  I've been messing with some high ranked and it's tough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

There's no point to have most of that stuff in the game.  A lot of it is extremely tedious stuff that even a lot of the most hardcore fans of the series didn't like in the past.  Like for instance, not having to stop as you go when you collect certain things, the auto-crafting system making things for you as you run through.  All of those things are quality of life improvements.  I'm not buying this game to stand around crafting stuff together.  I want to play.

But what I really meant was, this game doesn't hold your hand like 99% of games do.  This game is very challenging no matter how experienced you are.  I've been messing with some high ranked and it's tough.

I still think that quality of life improvements helps the newbs too. They don't want that tedious stuff bogging them down from being able to hunt down monsters to wear on their face. IT makes it more accessible for them. But where I agree 100% is this is a game, where even with it being the most accessible entry in the series, has one of the highest learning curves in of any franchise I have ever played. I think only Armored Core has a higher learning curve than Monster Hunter. And I'm still doodling around just before Tobi Kadashi, I'm pretty sure the HR stuff is gonna get nasty fast.

As long as they don't introduce Rajang in this game I will remain happy xD

3 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Tried taking down an anjanath in the ancient forest area. Worked on it for 45 minutes before he up and left the locale.:( 

Suppose I should focus on grinding for better weapon upgrades.

Are you on the quest to kill Anjanath or were you just trying to do it?  Either way, try to avoid his fire attacks.  The attack where he blows that long stream of fire will one shot you.  He's a really hard monster to fight just because of his one shot potential.

I played with a friend who couldn't deal with Anjanath and tried to help him, but he kept dying so many times lol.  I remember when beat Anjanath, that gave me the materials I needed to upgrade my Dual Blades and I could finally put the fire element on them.

I watched someone solo Anjanath really early on when many people are running away from him if they happen to spot him in the jungle.  The guy I was watching was extremely good.  He dodged all of his attacks and put some good damage on him even though he was really low level/terrible gear.  I believe Anjanath is a 4 star quest, when that guy beat him he was only like a 2 star hunter at most.  That was really cool to watch.

It's definitely a challenge.

Over the first three days this game has shipped 5 million units world wide.  For comparison sake, the highest selling Monster Hunter game ever has 4.9 million units shipped over it's entire lifespan.

This game has been a smashing success.  Hopefully Capcom pushes stuff like Resident Evil to the side now.

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

Over the first three days this game has shipped 5 million units world wide.  For comparison sake, the highest selling Monster Hunter game ever has 4.9 million units shipped over it's entire lifespan.

This game has been a smashing success.  Hopefully Capcom pushes stuff like Resident Evil to the side now.

Um... RE7 was great.

15 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Tried taking down an anjanath in the ancient forest area. Worked on it for 45 minutes before he up and left the locale.:( 

Suppose I should focus on grinding for better weapon upgrades.

Better gear is usually the answer, don't neglect your armor.  Anjanath was working me pretty good for a while.  He hits hard.  There were multiple failures where I lost all three of my chances and only got hit three times.  A helpful tip on that quest is to get the Anjanath to battle the Rathalos.  Rathalos will kick his ***.  Rathalos will also kick your ***, so be careful!

And my biggest tip for everyone is practice, practice, practice.

4 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

This game is more challenging than I expected. Which is great.

Is there an easier mode? Never played the series before, but I don't enjoy games where I die a lot. 

Edited by JBURGE25

2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Is there an easier mode? Never played the series before, but I don't enjoy games where I die a lot. 

No. This is my first in the series too.

It starts out rather easy in terms of difficulty, especially if you play with your friends, but by the second area the battles become a grind fest. Your weapons only do so much damage and the only way to get better ones is to craft them... Which takes monster parts in the first place.

I think a lot of the difficulty is what type of weapon you choose to use too. They all seem pretty balanced to me but the ease of use and intricacies vary a lot. I'm using the sword and shield for now since it seems like the easiest but I'd like to use some of the others when I get a better feel for the game. 

22 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:
2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

No. This is my first in the series too.

It starts out rather easy in terms of difficulty, especially if you play with your friends, but by the second area the battles become a grind fest. Your weapons only do so much damage and the only way to get better ones is to craft them... Which takes monster parts in the first place

Gotcha thanks. The reviews for it are great. I will probably wait until the price drops because I only pay full price for a few games any more

4 hours ago, Mossburg said:

What's he end game value in this game? Grind for gear? Different character builds like Dark Souls?

I'm not sure if anyone completely knows for sure since the game just came out.  Some people were really upset that the armor appeared to have only one version, but that was for low rank (where everyone starts).  It's not until you reach high rank that you can create different sets of armor using high ranked monster parts (alpha version and a beta version).  In the beta versions of certain armor you can equip a decoration.  A decoration is like a custom skill that you choose (additional fire resistance, marathon runner, etc).  There are also charms that are almost like an additional piece of armor and you can only equip one (stun resistance, poison resistance, health boost, recovery up, etc).  Decorations and charms are both very rare and difficult to obtain.  

For anyone else playing, people tend to mix and match armor depending on what gives them the best attributes/stats, but later on when you get into high ranked gear there will be set bonuses for certain sets.  You can also change how your armor looks in high ranked.

But that's just all about armor.  There's still weapons.  For some people the end game is just beating all the monsters.  Some people's end game is mastering all 14 weapons, which is absolutely absurd, imo.