Monster Hunter: World

showtime

Didn’t think this game would be as popular as it is over here. I remember playing years ago, so I hopped on ASAP. 

If anybody on PS4 wants to do some quests together, you can PM me. I’m still early in (HR 4) but I’m getting a move on now.

I've never played a Monster Hunter game and I actually never really heard of it until this game came out, but this looks really cool. I don't know if it's quite my style though. I'm not a fan of RPGs. But I do really like games that value putting in time and effort. I only play a few games a year, so it wouldn't matter to me how long things would take. I have heard this game is the most accessible of the series so far. Do you think it's accessible enough for someone who hasn't played this kind of game before?

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Didn’t think this game would be as popular as it is over here. I remember playing years ago, so I hopped on ASAP. 

If anybody on PS4 wants to do some quests together, you can PM me. I’m still early in (HR 4) but I’m getting a move on now.

I'm absolutely in for some FF group games.  I want to wait to get some better armor before I jump into multiplayer, probably the weekend after the Super Bowl.

20 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Was chasing down a Barroth in the second area last night when he ran away and ZOMG A GIANT HOLE OPENED UP AND SOMETHING BIGGER ATE HIM. So effin' cool. 

Was it the fish looking guy or the Rathian? At first, I was desperately trying to lure Barroth to the Rathian, she would put the beat down on him good, but he wouldn't follow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NS922 said:

I've never played a Monster Hunter game and I actually never really heard of it until this game came out, but this looks really cool. I don't know if it's quite my style though. I'm not a fan of RPGs. But I do really like games that value putting in time and effort. I only play a few games a year, so it wouldn't matter to me how long things would take. I have heard this game is the most accessible of the series so far. Do you think it's accessible enough for someone who hasn't played this kind of game before?

This isn’t a typical RPG - at least, not in the way that Skyrim or Witcher are. The story for MHW is a side note in the grand scheme of things. The meat of the game comes from going on hunts (online makes it much more fun than solo), getting new equipment, and then subsequently running into new monsters. Your character’s personality is pretty nonexistent and your first character and my late character can have the same stats if you managed to get the same armor. 

Admittedly it isn’t for everyone. People who love storylines and hate grinding will probably find this game not to their style. But it’s a lot of fun IMO and now that they’re on consoles (I used to play on PSP) it’s even more of a blast.

The more I play this game online, the more I don't like it.  Other people seriously slow me down and it's so annoying when you got some idiot who wildly swings their weapon knocking you back.  Maybe I need to try and find a solid group of people who understand the game to play with.

Personally, I think one of the worst things you can do in this game is get carried by someone who is a higher level than you.  A lot of people do it, but when you do that, you're not even playing the game anyway - you're letting others play it for you.

21 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

This isn’t a typical RPG - at least, not in the way that Skyrim or Witcher are. The story for MHW is a side note in the grand scheme of things. The meat of the game comes from going on hunts (online makes it much more fun than solo), getting new equipment, and then subsequently running into new monsters. Your character’s personality is pretty nonexistent and your first character and my late character can have the same stats if you managed to get the same armor. 

Admittedly it isn’t for everyone. People who love storylines and hate grinding will probably find this game not to their style. But it’s a lot of fun IMO and now that they’re on consoles (I used to play on PSP) it’s even more of a blast.

I spend a lot of time on side missions and general free-roaming anyway. My favorites are open world games with a lot of options. I really don't care too much about the stories as long as the gameplay is fun.

54 minutes ago, NS922 said:

I spend a lot of time on side missions and general free-roaming anyway. My favorites are open world games with a lot of options. I really don't care too much about the stories as long as the gameplay is fun.

If you’re in it for gameplay, cool factor, and like/don’t mind grinding, then I don’t see why you wouldn’t like this game. 

I made a brand new character so I can play with friends who are at low rank.  One friend in particular has gotten a ton better over the last day alone.  She has finally found a weapon she loves (insect glaive) and is playing extremely well.  I'm so proud.

• Like 1