Monster Hunter: World

showtime

13 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Does the skull indicator on the minimap not always show up when a monster was ready to be captured? Was trying to capture Paolumu and I accidentally killed him instead. Was that because Odogaron did all the damage?

I thought the skull meant it was almost dead.  I suppose you do have to beat it up pretty bad to capture them too.

Were your flies locked in on the Paolumu? I don't recall seeing the skull on monsters that other hunters were fighting and I was not.  Maybe the stupid flies engaged another monster while the Paolumu would have been signalling death? I have noticed that sometimes the flies will warn you of a small monster engaging with you and it kind of throws them off.  Like if you are chasing the Great Jagras and it runs and the regular Jagras target you the flies will change and you don't track the Great Jagras the same, he will still be on the map, but you don't have his trail until you shake the other monsters.  Anja is a real pain in the butt doing that.

On 2/21/2018 at 9:08 PM, Supersuavesky said:

Gonna bring this back to question how!!!!???

My hunter rank is only 75 and I've been playing for long stretches daily. 

No clue I think I finally hit HR 8 or 9.  was super stoked to see that there were even more items to build and I wasn't limited to the 3 deep chart.

56 minutes ago, showtime said:

Do you have a console?  If so, you're waiting all this time to play what might be the inferior version of the game?

Yep. Unless it's broken, I'd rather have it on PC where most my friends are.

It's rarely the case that the PC version are terrible nowadays anyways, especially if they are taking extra time for it.

On 2/20/2018 at 10:55 PM, skywindO2 said:

Does the skull indicator on the minimap not always show up when a monster was ready to be captured? Was trying to capture Paolumu and I accidentally killed him instead. Was that because Odogaron did all the damage?

No, I’m not sure f the specifics but it won’t always appear.

Check the vital signs at the bottom under the icon.

Archived