Super Bowl LII - Patriots vs Eagles - What year is it?

Deadpulse

Lewis was a fifth-round pick by the Eagles in 2011 and touched the ball 39 times in his first two seasons while he was backing up LeSean McCoy in the Philadelphia backfield. During Tuesday’s media session, Lewis was asked what he remembers from his time with the Eagles.

Not playing,” Lewis said, via MassLive.com.

Lewis was traded to Cleveland before the 2013 season for linebacker Emmanuel Acho, who was at Tuesday’s session working for ESPN.

#RevengeGameNarrative

On 1/28/2018 at 7:45 AM, mission27 said:

Cooks seems like a really great teammate and hard worker.  Doesn't make it any less frustrating when he drops perfect passes, but hard not to like the guy.

Or when he blows the dust off of everyone else on the field, and Brady under/overthrows him by a mile. He had his fair share of drops, but Brady hasn't been on par with the connection either...

Just now, Nex_Gen said:

Or when he blows the dust off of everyone else on the field, and Brady under/overthrows him by a mile. He had his fair share of drops, but Brady hasn't been on par with the connection either...

I'm sure Tom doesn't see it that way.

Cooks has to be where Tom is gonna throw it tbh.  Its his way or the highway. 

Also, while Philly arguably has a better pass rush than Jaguars (definitely deeper), I'm still more confident in our offense in this match up because I really believe their secondary is week. They allow a ton of yards after the catch. The Jaguars could not have had a better tackling performance. It felt like every short pass Brady completed, the receiver was immediately brought down. Philly's corners are not as sure of tacklers as Ramsey and Boyue.

If their corners play far off the LOS as they typically do, Brady is going to have a field day.

Guess whose back for the weekend! Hope everyone is doing well.

Hoping to see them use more no huddle and spread concepts this game. I know Foles looked great last game but have a feeling he falls back to earth in a big way. Out of the past 3 Super Bowls, this is easily the least daunting opponent. I think we win by more than our usual one possession and don’t have to sweat it out.

29 minutes ago, ICB said:

Hoping to see them use more no huddle and spread concepts this game. I know Foles looked great last game but have a feeling he falls back to earth in a big way. Out of the past 3 Super Bowls, this is easily the least daunting opponent. I think we win by more than our usual one possession and don’t have to sweat it out.

If we had to sweat it out against Jake Delhomme, we're gonna have to sweat it out against Foles.

47 minutes ago, everlong said:

If we had to sweat it out against Jake Delhomme, we're gonna have to sweat it out against Foles.

Talent-wise, the 2001 and 2003 teams were substantially weaker than any other Patriots SB teams, not even close. Don’t think that’s a fair comparison.

Not only am I not scared of Foles, I just don’t see much in this Eagles defense. A few great players but I see areas where they can be exploited.

Praying for 69-0

Expecting 31-20. Pats lead late and kick a field goal for tommy and the boys to enjoy it late. Go turn on the Falcons game they mismanaged that game and did not adapt well at all (ATL). Philly absolutely slaughtered Minny as the mismatches were all over the field. This really isnt the case here and we matchup well with their offensive weapons. Defensively? This is not the team from 2007 or 2011 and its not the same Tom Brady.  Cox will get a sack or two and the offense may sputter at times but on the field there is too much for them to cover and their entire philosophy on defense is what Tom lives for.

One more!

On 01/02/2018 at 1:06 PM, 1ForTheThumb said:

I would think that no huddle, up-tempo is going to be heavily incorporated in our offensive game plan. The Eagles DL is deep and good, I'd imagine we're going to try to avoid them subbing pass rushers in and out.

So....I'm thinking they go no-huddle early.

4 hours ago, ICB said:

New phone who dis

10 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

So....I'm thinking they go no-huddle early.

It would be very much to their benefit. The strength of the Eagles defense is some players and depth on the defensive line. Limit there ability to substitute as much as possible and force them to play more volume while keeping some guys colder on the bench. Go quick pass, RB's catching passes from out of the backfield to target the LB corp. You'll find success there. Hopefully you find early success there and force them to make an adjustment to take some pressure off Brady, once you do that, get Gronk involved in some mismatches in the secondary.

Archived