Super Bowl LII - Patriots vs Eagles - What year is it?

Deadpulse

I saw Wise also suffered a concussion last week. Second this season, I believe.

His status is important to monitor. He didn't have much a role last week, because we hardly got the Jaguars in 3rd and long, but he's quietly had a great rookie season and we need to get Foles in those situations.

On 1/26/2018 at 7:24 AM, 1ForTheThumb said:

Anyone watch the Sound Fx and NFL Turning Point from the AFC Championship? I was surprised how much a leader Cooks looked like, I think he's really bought into the whole "Patriot Way" mentality. 

Cooks seems like a really great teammate and hard worker.  Doesn't make it any less frustrating when he drops perfect passes, but hard not to like the guy.

21 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Good to know the pre-emptive "Man, I sure hope the Pats dont cheat this time around" caveats in NFL have already started.

Like clockwork 

A lot of that is just jealousy that your team actually wins it all. No one remembers a loser that cheated. 

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

A lot of that is just jealousy that your team actually wins it all. No one remembers a loser that cheated. 

The hatred didn't really go national/mainstream until September 2007 when spygate broke and people actually believed that that helped them win games. Until then the only real fans bases that didn't like the Patriots was the AFC East teams and the teams they beat in the AFC playoffs in 01/03/04 but it was regional hate not national hate.

On 1/26/2018 at 7:36 AM, 1ForTheThumb said:

I saw Wise also suffered a concussion last week. Second this season, I believe.

His status is important to monitor. He didn't have much a role last week, because we hardly got the Jaguars in 3rd and long, but he's quietly had a great rookie season and we need to get Foles in those situations.

I’m not a huge fan of him long term as anything but a backup, but given how weak the edge spot is right now, he might be needed. I have no idea how Philly is going to attack us, so some fresh legs would go a long ways (even if those legs are connected to a JAG). 

It’s nice seeing this defensive line not playing quite as bad in the playoffs so far - one game against a very quality OL. Philly will give them problems especially with their ability to run and pass (unlike what Bortles/Mariota was showing them) but at least they won’t have to deal with the mobility as much. 

Their performance will need to be great to pull this one out. They’re going to need to stop the run without loading the box like they’ve been doing. 

36 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’m not a huge fan of him long term as anything but a backup, but given how weak the edge spot is right now, he might be needed. I have no idea how Philly is going to attack us, so some fresh legs would go a long ways (even if those legs are connected to a JAG). 

It’s nice seeing this defensive line not playing quite as bad in the playoffs so far - one game against a very quality OL. Philly will give them problems especially with their ability to run and pass (unlike what Bortles/Mariota was showing them) but at least they won’t have to deal with the mobility as much. 

Their performance will need to be great to pull this one out. They’re going to need to stop the run without loading the box like they’ve been doing. 

If he can put some more strength on he could be something. 274 seems a bit light for over 6'5.

7 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Just out of curiosity, why don't you like him as a long term option? He's had one of the more productive seasons from a rookie at DE that I can remember in the BB era.

51 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Just out of curiosity, why don't you like him as a long term option? He's had one of the more productive seasons from a rookie at DE that I can remember in the BB era.

I saw lots of struggles from him - which is okay as a mid-round rookie. You really take what you can get from that spot. 

Aside from some of the penalties, I’m not a fan of him in the run game at all. He was one of the notorious poor edge setters that NE featured this season. His arm length is obviously good and his bend is actually better than I thought it would be (although still not ‘special’ IYAM) but his overall athleticism leaves a lot on the table. Off the line, he’s a JAG, so he’s going to rely on his long arms for a majority of his game - that, and his solid strength. 

I saw a BR article comparing him to Chandler Jones and didn’t really see where they’re similar other than statistics. They both rely on hand use, but Jones is just a much better athlete that became a strong run defender (which Wise can do). 

I’m not sticking a fork in the guy’s career, I just personally would be surprised if he became an average starter at some point. 

Hey Vikings fan here.. just wanted to wish you guys luck in the super bowl. Seeing as I cheer for a team that has never won a super bowl I would always cheer for the underdog, however after the classless way our fans were treated in philly their fans don’t deserve to win one. I’d rather see you guys get another one. And for the record this isn’t me being “butthurt” or “salty “ as I’ve read about us whiny Vikings fans from eagles fans.. I’ll thoroughly admit they kicked our butts up and Down the field and they deserved to win. I had Vikings season tickets for many years and I never saw anything remotely close to the behavior that was exhibited at the NFCC. Classy move throwing full beer cans at our team bus after beating us 38-7. Go pats!

Archived