The Senior Bowl Thread

WindyCity

25 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Marcus Davenport 6'6" 259lbs, 34" arms.

Have to like that as a possible edge at 8.

This guy is going to go high.  As I mentioned earlier, he's the type of player I can see Pace falling in love with.  Some people are drawing comparisons to Aldon Smith who we all know Fangio coached up into a great pass rusher during his time with the 49ers.  He and Floyd would be a nice tandem.

I'm convinced if we stick at 8 it's going to be Davenport or Edmunds.

Even Mark Helfrich said the strength of our team is the defense; if you give Fangio the ability to rush with 4 he will ***-**** you on the back end with his coverages. That's the move. Take a WR in round 2. Christian Kirk could be there, DJ Moore is another name.

9 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Mayfield skipped the weigh in.  probably a smart move because we all know the guy is 6'0.  this guy is shaping up to be manzel 2.0

He’s attending to a family matter in Texas before coming down. It’s been well documented. I’m sure he’ll be weighed and measured once he gets there. 

20 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

He’s attending to a family matter in Texas before coming down. It’s been well documented. I’m sure he’ll be weighed and measured once he gets there. 

not even hired by a team and already pulling my grandma died excuse. 

I am paying close attention to the WR group as I think there are a ton of 3rd and 4th round guys who could contribute to the Bears rebuild of the WR core.

Daesean Hamilton [Penn St], Tre'Quan Smith [UCF] are 2 that I am very interested to see.

I can imagine a world where we throw both 4th round picks at WR and see if we can get 80 targets-50-60 catches out of 2 midround rookies, instead of drafting 1 higher WR and hoping he can handle that load on his own.

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am paying close attention to the WR group as I think there are a ton of 3rd and 4th round guys who could contribute to the Bears rebuild of the WR core.

Daesean Hamilton [Penn St], Tre'Quan Smith [UCF] are 2 that I am very interested to see.

I can imagine a world where we throw both 4th round picks at WR and see if we can get 80 targets-50-60 catches out of 2 midround rookies, instead of drafting 1 higher WR and hoping he can handle that load on his own.

I'm kind of taking a different approach... I think we go pass rusher in round 1, WR in round 2, and then with the two 4ths and 1 5th I think it will be a combination of RT/OG/CB.

My buddy did a mock and came up with this for the Bears, I was a huge fan:

1. Tremaine Edmunds - OLB

2. Christian Kirk - WR

4. Will Richardson - OT

4. Trenton Thompson - DT

5. Sam Jones - OG

6. Cameron Smith - ILB

7. Jaylen Dunlap - CB

Just now, G08 said:

I'm kind of taking a different approach... I think we go pass rusher in round 1, WR in round 2, and then with the two 4ths and 1 5th I think it will be a combination of RT/OG/CB.

I like the 2nd round WR talent as well.

I wonder if we go

1. OLB

2. OT, the talent always thins out quickly and this player could move Massie to the bench and get us an actual backup LT it Leno goes down.

4. WR, hope they can get 40 targets and catch 20 passes at a minimum

4. WR, hope they can get 40 targets and catch 20 passes at a minimum

5. CB

Archived