The Senior Bowl Thread

WindyCity

He's a chess piece for Fangio, if we want to make some noise in the next 2 seasons or so we're going to have to rely on a top-tier defense.

Childress said it himself, nobody wants to hear it but it takes 3, 4, 5 years to really master this offense. Let's make our strength even stronger and allow Nagy and friends to build this offense with MT10.

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Tyrell Crosby won all 4 1on 1s.

3 at LT, 1 at RT,

If he does well he could play his way right out of our range, considering he's right now pegged as a early-mid 2nd rounder.

That said, there is the dream that we could trade with Buffalo from 8 and get 21 and 22 in return.... Then select some combination of 2 from:

-Tyrell Crosby-OT

-Christian Kirk-WR

-Marcus Davenport-Edge (I'm not remotely buying he's a top 10 pick right now.... too rough/mostly potential at this point)

-Joshua Jackson-CB (bit of a stretch he lasts this long, based on current rankings)

-Tremaine Edwards-ILB/OLB  (his stock is currently all over the place)...

Moreover, I've been trying to find a late round RB I like... and thus far... nada.... At least, none I'd consider an upgrade over Benny Cunningham (who's underrated, despite not being "good")

James Washington turned some heads yesterday... I dunno what to think about this kid yet but I would certainly keep an eye on him as a round 2 pick for us. A shade under 5'11", 210 lbs, a shade under 34" arms.... curious to get his dash/cone numbers but if he hits the right benchmarks he might be a steal.

37 minutes ago, G08 said:

James Washington turned some heads yesterday... I dunno what to think about this kid yet but I would certainly keep an eye on him as a round 2 pick for us. A shade under 5'11", 210 lbs, a shade under 34" arms.... curious to get his dash/cone numbers but if he hits the right benchmarks he might be a steal.

At WR the testing numbers are big, but off of tape he does the 2 things the Bears need

1. Gets deep

2. Runs after the catch like a RB.

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

2. Runs after the catch like a RB.

This is the most important aspect, too. If he has short area quickness, you're literally putting a RB sized dude on the edge and punishing corners that try and tackle him. It's a perfect fit, IMO.

Just now, G08 said:

This is the most important aspect, too. If he has short area quickness, you're literally putting a RB sized dude on the edge and punishing corners that try and tackle him. It's a perfect fit, IMO.

He needs to have the explosive numbers. Ir is not an accident that all the Chiefs WRs, except Robinson, kill the jumps and cone drills.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Yeah with OL length arms I’m even less concerned about his height. 

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah with OL length arms I’m even less concerned about his height. 

Just think what he can do on the perimeter, man... if he's quick enough and has deep speed he'll blow right by you. They'll have to honor that, stay off him, and then you're opening up tunnel/bubble screens to him and I don't know many corners that want to tackle a 210 lbs dude coming at them while picking up steam.

Or imagine him as a blocker for screens to Cohen, cracking down on linebackers/defensive linemen on tosses... a lot to work with there.

Archived