Senior Bowl Week Observations

Broncofan

1 hour ago, iLikeDefense said:

It’s not like he shut up his critics. People are still concerned about his ability to consistently throw for accuracy. His bowl game and the senior bowl helped him but his overall body work suggest he’s going to be inconsistent when throwing for accuracy. 

Allen’s Q’s aren’t ever going to go away with his body of work.   His physical traits are always going to be the lure - so if it helps him go ahead of 1.5 I’m all for it.   

It just shows the effect of recency bias - casual fans have short memories.  It’s human nature.   The real Q is how short are the head scout’s / GM’s.   Elway and co. thought they could fix Lynch’s problems - no doubt someone will see the same with Allen.  The question is where that team picks.   

2 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

It’s not like he shut up his critics. People are still concerned about his ability to consistently throw for accuracy. His bowl game and the senior bowl helped him but his overall body work suggest he’s going to be inconsistent when throwing for accuracy. 

People acted like he'd never be able to do it. Because accuracy you either have or you don't. He threw  56% last season. Very positive to see him be accurate in a game and change the touch and stuff.

6 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Kaepernick had a lot more issues then that. I never saw a qb answer the bell like Allen did this board got quiet.

Of course he did. But that was one of them. We used to get so angry on the 49er board when Kaep was throwing a three yard swing pass and gunning it 60 mph lol.  Not comparing them as players as a whole, just that Kaepernick had the same issue of being able to control his arm and in the end, while frustrating, was something you can work with. 

I'm an Allen supporter...and though the accuracy terrifies me, and I don't know that he'll ever be an efficient quarterback, I absolutely think that he can still be an effective one. 

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Allen’s Q’s aren’t ever going to go away with his body of work.   His physical traits are always going to be the lure - so if it helps him go ahead of 1.5 I’m all for it.   

It just shows the effect of recency bias - casual fans have short memories.  It’s human nature.   The real Q is how short are the head scout’s / GM’s.   Elway and co. thought they could fix Lynch’s problems - no doubt someone will see the same with Allen.  The question is where that team picks.   

Lynch has other issues though. Seems to be rather aloof and from what I understand from other Bronco fans (you can correct me if I'm wrong), his work ethic has been questioned.  Really hard to fix that if the player is unreceptive. I have no idea if Allen is a hard worker and generally speaking, I don't think that its possible to fix someone's accuracy a whole ton, but even if you get a minor improvement based on better judgment from Allen, he can be a big time player in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Lynch has other issues though. Seems to be rather aloof and from what I understand from other Bronco fans (you can correct me if I'm wrong), his work ethic has been questioned.  Really hard to fix that if the player is unreceptive. I have no idea if Allen is a hard worker and generally speaking, I don't think that its possible to fix someone's accuracy a whole ton, but even if you get a minor improvement based on better judgment from Allen, he can be a big time player in my opinion. 

You are correct on that. The "want to" and the leadership skills just aren't there with Lynch. And I would say that Allen is even more impressive from a physical standpoint than Paxton was. Furthermore, Paxton came from a gimmick offense at Memphis while Allen's offense at Wyoming incorporated a fair amount of pro style concepts. He is a major gamble, however, but not any more so IMO than Baker Mayfield is. 

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

You are correct on that. The "want to" and the leadership skills just aren't there with Lynch. And I would say that Allen is even more impressive from a physical standpoint than Paxton was. Furthermore, Paxton came from a gimmick offense at Memphis while Allen's offense at Wyoming incorporated a fair amount of pro style concepts. He is a major gamble, however, but not any more so IMO than Baker Mayfield is. 

Could not agree more about the Lynch - Allen offenses. It's one of the reasons I have loathed the Lynch comparison since the start. Yes, they are both tall and leggy, and both have a good bit of athleticism for guys that tall, but when I watched them from a quarterback perspective, I have never thought Lynch = Allen. But yeah, Allen is definitely a gamble. None of these guys are sure things, and if 4 were to go in the first round, it's very likely that at least 2 of them will be total busts.