Free Agent RBs

Just Want A Title

Someone pull up that ameer thread...

I dogged that pick the whole way all yous defended it... Even bringing up the great Barry Sanders.........

I'd cut him and hope for a comp pick

And this green stuff is killing me..he averaged what .3 yards better then the crap we got...oohhh keeper

3 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

I had Abdullah ranked lower than where they drafted him. Try knowing what you're talking about. 

Easy MOD I do...

You supported the pick, in spite of where you had him "ranked". 

* I'll give you a token though and say you where the only other poster here besides me I believe that wanted Tevin Coleman... Before he got good/when he was drafted.

22 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Someone pull up that ameer thread...

I dogged that pick the whole way all yous defended it... Even bringing up the great Barry Sanders.........

I'd cut him and hope for a comp pick

And this green stuff is killing me..he averaged what .3 yards better then the crap we got...oohhh keeper

If you can get a 5th for him this year, why would you cut him and hope to get something similar NEXT year? The best we could ever do is get a 3rd and that's only if he's a Suh like player that we have no chance at replacing.

Green was a UDFA that made a couple plays later in the season. We have no idea what he can do with a full off-season at the pro level. He showed enough to be brought back and into consideration to round out our RB room. No one is guaranteeing him a spot on PS let alone starting 3 or 4 RB's.

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

If you can get a 5th for him this year, why would you cut him and hope to get something similar NEXT year? The best we could ever do is get a 3rd and that's only if he's a Suh like player that we have no chance at replacing.

Green was a UDFA that made a couple plays later in the season. We have no idea what he can do with a full off-season at the pro level. He showed enough to be brought back and into consideration to round out our RB room. No one is guaranteeing him a spot on PS let alone starting 3 or 4 RB's.

You think your getting a 5thrdp in a draft full of running backs...good luck

Imo we need 3 rbs.. I didn't see green like you did apparently 

11 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

You think your getting a 5thrdp in a draft full of running backs...good luck

Imo we need 3 rbs.. I didn't see green like you did apparently 

I think they'll trade him before straight up cutting him. We'll see what happens. I think we have 3 spots that need to be filled - Green is just one of the guys that you consider. FA, draft and UDFA are going to play a huge part in how things shake out. We have AA, Riddick and Green already on the roster. Until you find someone you think is better, you don't just get rid of them for the sake of getting rid of them. It's like quitting your job without having anything else lined up. You might wind up in a worse spot than you were before.

I think they'll trade him before straight up cutting him. We'll see what happens. I think we have 3 spots that need to be filled - Green is just one of the guys that you consider. FA, draft and UDFA are going to play a huge part in how things shake out. We have AA, Riddick and Green already on the roster. Until you find someone you think is better, you don't just get rid of them for the sake of getting rid of them. It's like quitting your job without having anything else lined up. You might wind up in a worse spot than you were before.

Man... honeslty... would you give ANYTHING up for Ameer Abdullah if you ran some other team?

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

If Riddick is your COP/3rd down back, what role do you see DL and AA fitting into?

Look at how successful teams (i.e. the Patriots) deploy their RB's. They don't have 1st down & 2nd down RB's and then take them out on 3rd down. Every RB has to be able to play all three downs. They rotate their RB's by drive, not by down. There's room for multiple RB's.

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't really do "rankings" but wanted nothing to do with him before the draft. I figured the pros must have seen something in him that I couldn't. Apparently not.

The pros actually liked him. The Cardinals staff went on record saying they had hoped to draft Abdullah but the Lions drafted him before they had a chance. They took David Johnson instead.

8 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Look at how successful teams (i.e. the Patriots) deploy their RB's. They don't have 1st down & 2nd down RB's and then take them out on 3rd down. Every RB has to be able to play all three downs. They rotate their RB's by drive, not by down. There's room for multiple RB's.

Haven't we been trying this..

Imo you need that grind back for so many reason...

The patriots oh the patriots 

If you want a short passing attack I'm sure you can have 3backs alike...

Your the offense I'm trying to get away from..

9 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

The pros actually liked him. The Cardinals staff went on record saying they had hoped to draft Abdullah but the Lions drafted him before they had a chance. They took David Johnson instead.

Yeah, I had heard that as well. Worked out a little better for the Cards in the long run lol

I wasn't fond of his size and his fumbling issues. He just didn't seem to be the solution at the time for me. He was 5'9 and 205 at the combine. I didn't think he brought anything new to the table.

3 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

16 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

I don't disagree - what's the point in having a guy in there that has never caught a ball in his life 3rd and 2. You're not going to fool anyone and likely will get stuffed. At the same time you don't want to have the same guy on your roster in all four spots. You need guys that can do some different things. Riddick has been our best RB and can do some of the things you're talking about. AA could be that 3rd or 4th guy but he's not our #1 and is lacking in areas we need help. He's far from a power back and isn't the receiving option Riddick is. They might be on par for pure rushing ability but that's not what Riddick is known for.

8 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

What's the issue in having multiple guys that are capable of receiving out of the backfield? That can line up and pass protect in an obvious passing situation? I'd rather Quinn overcompensated for our lack of rushing attack this year than underwhelms and tries to pin it all on one guy. I would love to find a David Johson but you need other guys as well.

I don't disagree - what's the point in having a guy in there that has never caught a ball in his life 3rd and 2. You're not going to fool anyone and likely will get stuffed. At the same time you don't want to have the same guy on your roster in all four spots. You need guys that can do some different things. Riddick has been our best RB and can do some of the things you're talking about. AA could be that 3rd or 4th guy but he's not our #1 and is lacking in areas we need help. He's far from a power back and isn't the receiving option Riddick is. They might be on par for pure rushing ability but that's not what Riddick is known for.

Who's talking about a rb who can't catch

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

What's the issue in having multiple guys that are capable of receiving out of the backfield? That can line up and pass protect in an obvious passing situation? I'd rather Quinn overcompensated for our lack of rushing attack this year than underwhelms and tries to pin it all on one guy. I would love to find a David Johson but you need other guys as well.

Well ya..

Archived