KG's Mock Off-season #1

kgarrett12486

I like to do these from time to time. 1st one I've done for the Bucs! let me preface by saying I only did the depth chart to reflect the players I think will be on the roster in 2018. Once we get deeper into the off-season and FA starts I'll have a better idea of the depth players at each position. I'll likely do another one of these then...

With that said:

Free Agents:

OG: Andrew Norwell (6’5 / 313): He’s graded out as an elite guard the last two seasons and is just coming into his prime. Plus, we take him from a division rival. He’s going to be a under the radar, but hot name in free agency. He’ll be the main piece to begin solidifying our interior O-line.

CB Trumaine Johnson (6’2 / 213): As a former Rams fan, I had the privilege to watch him from the time he was drafted  and see him develop into a lock-down CB. He has turned into a true #1 corner. He has elite size and is one of the better boundary coverage CBs . He struggled with an injury last year, which lead to some down numbers comparatively, but when healthy he’s near the top of the crop.

DE Michael Bennett (6’4 / 274): A reunion here. He’s still got some gas left in the tank. He’ll provide some much needed pass rush ability and he has the ability to slide inside on 3rd downs as well to get another edge rusher on the field.

CB E.J. Gaines (5’10 / 194): Another one of my personal favorites, as he’s a Mizzou alum. He’s struggled to stay healthy throughout a whole season, but when he’s on the field he is one of the better coverage CB’s around. He doesn’t have elite ball skills, but he puts himself in excellent spots to make things happen. He’s better suited for the slot, but has the ability to play the boundary if needed (i.e. Hargreaves struggles continue).

SS Marcus Gilchrist (5’10 / 199): He’ll provide a veteran presence next to emerging Justin Evans. He’s excellent in run support and not too shabby in coverage when pressed into that role. He’s coming off his one of his best seasons. Again, staying healthy is his main red flag.

2018 Draft:

1. DE Bradley Chubb (6’4 / 275) NC State: We desperately need a young pass rusher to develop. Chubb has the potential to be elite. No brainier here if he’s on the board.

2. OG Will Rodriguez (6’3 / 330) UTEP: Big mauling presence on the inside. He’s a plug and play RG from day one. 2nd best OG in this draft IMO.

3. S DeShon Elliott (6’2 / 210) Texas: He has ability to play both safety position and has the size to hold up at either. He needs a year or so to refine his game, but has starting potential.

4. DT Justin Jones (6’2 / 310) NC State: A teammate of our 1st pick. He holds up well at the point of attack and will provide some pass rush for his size as a rotational piece.

5. RB Bo Scarbrough (6’2 / 228) Alabama: He never quite found his true game in college. He seems like the type though that will hit his stride at the next level as a 2 down back.

6. RB Kyle Hicks (5’10 / 210) TCU: An excellent all around back who offers the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield as well. He’s similar to a Jerick McKinnon with a little less speed. He’ll be able to step into 3rd downs right away.

7.  K Michael Badgley (5’10 / 176) Miami: We need all the competition we can get at this position.

2018 Depth Chart:

QB: Jameis Winston

RB: Peyton Barber / Bo Scarbrough / Kyle Hicks

TE: OJ Howard / Cameron Brate

WR: Mike Evans

WR: DeSean Jackson / Chris Godwin

OT: Donovan Smith

OG: Andrew Norwell

C: Ali Marpet

OG Will Rodriguez

OT: Demar Dotson / Caleb Benenoch

DE: Bradley Chubb / Noah Spence