Last January Mock Offseason

WindyCity

6 hours ago, Pdogg said:

Sign me up 

Daniel is the popular name, but reality is he’s been in the league 8 years and has thrown 78 total passes, just 3 in the past 3 years, and more than 5 in a season just twice. He is as much an unknown as anyone, and he has also been away from Nagy for 2 seasons. 

Personally, I’d rather have Sanchez. You can run the Glennon playbook with Sanchez and know you’ll at least have a shot. I don’t think you can say that about Daniel at all. 

11 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Daniel is the popular name, but reality is he’s been in the league 8 years and has thrown 78 total passes, just 3 in the past 3 years, and more than 5 in a season just twice. He is as much an unknown as anyone, and he has also been away from Nagy for 2 seasons. 

Personally, I’d rather have Sanchez. You can run the Glennon playbook with Sanchez and know you’ll at least have a shot. I don’t think you can say that about Daniel at all. 

It wouldn't be for how "good" he is as a player, it would be because Nagy raves about him and it would be another Sanchez for Trubisky in a brand new system.

He'll be cheaper than Sanchez, too... cost $900k with incentives that could get him up to $3 million; Sanchez signed for $2 million

I want to keep Sanchez. If it were a fair battle he would be able to beat Glennon out without question IMO. Add in all the experience he has and that he and Trubisky are hitting it off, and he is worth the small contract he signed.

Honestly I would be asking if he was looking at coaching. If so, sign him up and he can transition to coaching under Nagy and really work on the system. That also allows us to have someone being groomed to become the QB coach and potentially OC in a few years as people promote up or take jobs elsewhere. Nagy is going to be calling the plays, so he just has to develop Tru.

Archived