Broncos rumors

Wolzen

17 minutes ago, anewdawn said:

I know the board likes references but I cant post one.  My son is on everything electronic.....twitter, fb etc and he usually has the scoop way before I see it and often ahead of rotoworld but he just texted me back when I mentioned the interest in King.  My son said apparently King is very interested in Denver.  I texted him back - its no wonder, imagine him kicking in Denver, his stats would be through the roof and I think he would guarantee himself the HOF if he stuck with us.  What a great fit he would be!!  Let's hope!

Looks like we are on board then, let's get it!

If I recall, Dixon had an absolutely horrid game against the Giants in October which was the turning point in our season. Obviously the pick 6 before halftime didn't help, and we played horrible the whole game. But right now, it's time to throw blame on Dixon, because we can.

I'm totally fine with getting King - if it's not a ridiculous price.   Hopefully Elway can talk King into taking a revenge-on-your-old-team-and-build-your-resume-for-next-year type deal.   Investing any serious $ in a punter/kicker isn't going to be a great use of our limited resources, but there's an opp to hopefully get a reasonable discount for the personal narrative. 

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

I don’t want King.  Guys a complete fool.  I’m surprised he hasn’t been earholed the way the Penn State kicker was a few years back.

I get he can be quite an ......lets say character.  But hopefully you get a team friendly deal, tell him how his antics already cost him and its time to grow up and dedicate himself to be a great punter in Denver.  If he remains the fool then we cut him down the road..........  Team friendly deal would be a must though

2 hours ago, germ-x said:

I don’t want King.  Guys a complete fool.  I’m surprised he hasn’t been earholed the way the Penn State kicker was a few years back.

It’s not that serious. I’ll take the competence and the fun 

33 minutes ago, champ11 said:

It’s not that serious. I’ll take the competence and the fun 

I also think he's a guy you hate playing against - but if he was on your team you would love it...................that's kind of the way I feel about him.  I recognize his issues but I would really want him 

16 minutes ago, anewdawn said:

I also think he's a guy you hate playing against - but if he was on your team you would love it...................that's kind of the way I feel about him.  I recognize his issues but I would really want him 

Agreed. We need some guys with an edge on this team.

Just now, germ-x said:

A punter with edge=a moron.  If your team needs edge from a punter you’re probably in very bad shape.

Hes already acting like a punk on the media conference call. Saying he game to Denver to get revenge and he’s excited to be on a franchise that lets players have fun. 

2 minutes ago, germ-x said:

A punter with edge=a moron.  If your team needs edge from a punter you’re probably in very bad shape.

Eh, I mean our ST unit was nothing short of an unmitigated disaster last year and likely cost us a few games. Adding talent is paramount.

2 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Unless hes bombing 70 yarders in this altitude lol. I mean it makes the team better.  Idk how you can be a fan and hate this move. Skeptical maybe.

5 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I go back to a time when punters were important.  Ray Guy of the Raiders was a magician  back in the day.  Actually punting was way better back then with kicks being placed deep and always out of bounds for the most part allowing for no returns.  These days they kick it deep (and not too deep) and its returned.  They never aim out of bounds probably because it might cost them 10-15 yards on the short side when they miss.  How does a craft like punting deteriorate over time?  It's so simple it should have remained the art it always was (and in fact should have improved) not  become the debacle it has become where no one hardly gives a crap about their punter.  I believe King can make it an art in Denver once again and I welcome that  - plus he's a trick play artist as well.  

40 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Hes already acting like a punk on the media conference call. Saying he game to Denver to get revenge and he’s excited to be on a franchise that lets players have fun. 

Why is that acting like a punk? I love players who dunk on the Raiders. I want guys who want to be here. Our players should hate our biggest rival. That's the point!

Archived