Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wolzen

Broncos rumors

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I have a hard time seeing how drafting him makes sense. We re-signed Todd Davis, Brandon Marshall is entrenched as a starter and we traded for S'ua Cravens. Drafting an ILB in the first round would be hard to justify. I mean I get that Davis and Marshall are both liabilities in coverage but I'm not sure taking LVE would make a ton of sense. 

I can’t wrap my head around the selection either, it would be a head scratcher, but so was re-signing Todd Davis so who knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I have a hard time seeing how drafting him makes sense. We re-signed Todd Davis, Brandon Marshall is entrenched as a starter and we traded for S'ua Cravens. Drafting an ILB in the first round would be hard to justify. I mean I get that Davis and Marshall are both liabilities in coverage but I'm not sure taking LVE would make a ton of sense. 

 

Brandon Marshall is surely gone after this season and I've seen it reported that Denver views Su'a Cravens as a Safety. I personally wouldn't be targeting ILB early on if I was in charge, but I do buy into the rumors that Elway and his guys are. I'm leaning towards this in my final mock:

 

Trade with Buffalo

12. Denzel Ward

22. Leighton Vander Esch

40. Will Hernandez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

 

Brandon Marshall is surely gone after this season and I've seen it reported that Denver views Su'a Cravens as a Safety. I personally wouldn't be targeting ILB early on if I was in charge, but I do buy into the rumors that Elway and his guys are. I'm leaning towards this in my final mock:

 

Trade with Buffalo

12. Denzel Ward

22. Leighton Vander Esch

40. Will Hernandez

Hernandez will not last till 40 pipe dream got a better chance at esch there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Hernandez will not last till 40 pipe dream got a better chance at esch there.

 

Hernandez isn't guaranteed to go in the first round. Looking at the Guards, you've got Quentin Nelson and Isaiah Wynn going in the first, plus there's some talk of guys like James Daniels, Billy Price and Frank Ragnow sneaking into the late first, maybe even Austin Corbett from Indiana. This draft has a core of about 20 guys that are locked in first round picks, then from 21 through about 55 it's one giant tier of guys. Don't be shocked if we end up getting a player at 40 who is regularly mocked as a first rounder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Hernandez will not last till 40 pipe dream got a better chance at esch there.

I don’t think Ward lasts until 12 either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we trade down I'm all for davenport he can learn from Ray and Milller like they did with Ware. From my understanding he has it all but pass rush moves.

Also like miller has an extremely quick first step.

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

 

Hernandez isn't guaranteed to go in the first round. Looking at the Guards, you've got Quentin Nelson and Isaiah Wynn going in the first, plus there's some talk of guys like James Daniels, Billy Price and Frank Ragnow sneaking into the late first, maybe even Austin Corbett from Indiana. This draft has a core of about 20 guys that are locked in first round picks, then from 21 through about 55 it's one giant tier of guys. Don't be shocked if we end up getting a player at 40 who is regularly mocked as a first rounder.

Hernandez seems like a great fit to many teams in the back half of the first round. Just watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, paul-mac said:

 

Hernandez isn't guaranteed to go in the first round. Looking at the Guards, you've got Quentin Nelson and Isaiah Wynn going in the first, plus there's some talk of guys like James Daniels, Billy Price and Frank Ragnow sneaking into the late first, maybe even Austin Corbett from Indiana. This draft has a core of about 20 guys that are locked in first round picks, then from 21 through about 55 it's one giant tier of guys. Don't be shocked if we end up getting a player at 40 who is regularly mocked as a first rounder.

Corbett is from Nevada like Joel Bitonio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Hernandez isn't guaranteed to go in the first round. Looking at the Guards, you've got Quentin Nelson and Isaiah Wynn going in the first, plus there's some talk of guys like James Daniels, Billy Price and Frank Ragnow sneaking into the late first, maybe even Austin Corbett from Indiana. This draft has a core of about 20 guys that are locked in first round picks, then from 21 through about 55 it's one giant tier of guys. Don't be shocked if we end up getting a player at 40 who is regularly mocked as a first rounder.

Don't be shocked if we end up getting a player at 22 who is regularly mocked as a 2nd rounder.  FIFY ;).

I agree though, there's always some clustering from back half of the first to early 2nd.  Back half of the first its the more complete teams looking for a final piece so sometimes more need or system based first round picks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, elliot878 said:

Don't be shocked if we end up getting a player at 22 who is regularly mocked as a 2nd rounder.  FIFY ;).

I agree though, there's always some clustering from back half of the first to early 2nd.  Back half of the first its the more complete teams looking for a final piece so sometimes more need or system based first round picks.

 

Yeah agree. We will reach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×