Broncos rumors

Wolzen

Seems like the top of the draft is becoming more and more certain with each day that we get closer to the draft.

1. Cleveland - Josh Allen

2. New York Giants - Saquon Barkley

3. New York Jets - Baker Mayfield

I know it's lying season, but if there's truth to these connections, one of Darnold or Rosen is going to be available, maybe both. I think with this scenario, Elway would seriously consider QB at 5.  I expect the Bills to try trading up to 4 to take their QB, but also understand that Hue Jackson is enamored with the idea of lining up Chubb across from Myles Garrett.  If the top 3 picks are locked in, I see two scenarios for the Broncos.

1.  Browns stay put, take Chubb 4th - In this scenario I think the Broncos go QB.  Not sure who the preference is, but it wouldn't surprise me if one of Rosen or Darnold is Elway's favorite QB in the draft.

2.  Browns stay put, take Chubb 4th - Same setup, alternate scenario.  If the Bills can't get up to 4, they're going to have to overpay big time for the Broncos to give the pick up.  In this scenario they give up a huge package to get their guy, it signals that Elway doesn't like the QB's at the top of the draft.

3. Browns move, Bills take QB 4th - If this is the case, I think it will be between remaining QB and Quenton Nelson.  Hopefully Nelson.

I’d be thrilled if either Darnold or Rosen were there at 1.5.   The other teams GM’s are idiots IMO if they leave both on the board.   Neither is a Luck type candidate but they also both possess the NFL ready strengths.   Darnold just has the additional mobility and size / arm strength (but prone to hero mistakes - thing is that’s actually the easiest to overcome in terms of weaknesses) and 1 mechanical fix  (keeping the ball low which makes him fumble-prone - but unlike Allen it doesn’t affect his accuracy and ability to anticipate, place the ball and throw guys open).   

If either are there IMO we’d be nuts not to run to the podium.  I don’t see Darnold falling to us.  I do hope Rosen will. 

Neither is a Luck type candidate but they also both possess the NFL ready strengths

That's the key. Even if not Luck, they would immediately change the long-term trajectory of this team. Matt Ryan isn't going to be a HOF player, and I would take a 10 year career of a Matt Ryan over a 10 year career of the greatest OG to ever play the game. Its just that much more important of a position.

47 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

That's the key. Even if not Luck, they would immediately change the long-term trajectory of this team. Matt Ryan isn't going to be a HOF player, and I would take a 10 year career of a Matt Ryan over a 10 year career of the greatest OG to ever play the game. Its just that much more important of a position.

Alas...it is not your decision.  

53 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

This could not have been said any better.  I wholeheartedly agree and would love to add Rosen to our franchise!!  

12 hours ago, elliot878 said:

Seems like the top of the draft is becoming more and more certain with each day that we get closer to the draft.

1. Cleveland - Josh Allen

2. New York Giants - Saquon Barkley

3. New York Jets - Baker Mayfield

I know it's lying season, but if there's truth to these connections, one of Darnold or Rosen is going to be available, maybe both. I think with this scenario, Elway would seriously consider QB at 5.  I expect the Bills to try trading up to 4 to take their QB, but also understand that Hue Jackson is enamored with the idea of lining up Chubb across from Myles Garrett.  If the top 3 picks are locked in, I see two scenarios for the Broncos.

1.  Browns stay put, take Chubb 4th - In this scenario I think the Broncos go QB.  Not sure who the preference is, but it wouldn't surprise me if one of Rosen or Darnold is Elway's favorite QB in the draft.

2.  Browns stay put, take Chubb 4th - Same setup, alternate scenario.  If the Bills can't get up to 4, they're going to have to overpay big time for the Broncos to give the pick up.  In this scenario they give up a huge package to get their guy, it signals that Elway doesn't like the QB's at the top of the draft.

3. Browns move, Bills take QB 4th - If this is the case, I think it will be between remaining QB and Quenton Nelson.  Hopefully Nelson.

I have heard some rumblings that the Giants like Sam Darnold and taking him is a possibility at No. 2 if the Browns go for Josh Allen. Darnold is so young he can sit behind Eli for a couple years and the Giants won't be in a bad position; Eli is as cerebral as his older brother and would be an excellent mentor. That would allow at least two of the top position players - Chubb, Barkley, Nelson - to be on the board at our pick, whichever one the Browns pass on at No. 4. 

If the draft goes: 

1. Browns - Josh Allen

2. Giants - Sam Darnold

3. Jets - Baker Mayfield

4. Browns - Bradley Chubb

We end up on the clock with Josh Rosen, Saquon Barkley and Quenton Nelson on the board; I would be thrilled with any of the three. It would also present us with a golden opportunity for to trade down for a king's ransom with a team that wants Rosen. 

25 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I have heard some rumblings that the Giants like Sam Darnold and taking him is a possibility at No. 2 if the Browns go for Josh Allen. Darnold is so young he can sit behind Eli for a couple years and the Giants won't be in a bad position; Eli is as cerebral as his older brother and would be an excellent mentor. That would allow at least two of the top position players - Chubb, Barkley, Nelson - to be on the board at our pick, whichever one the Browns pass on at No. 4. 

If the draft goes: 

1. Browns - Josh Allen

2. Giants - Sam Darnold

3. Jets - Baker Mayfield

4. Browns - Bradley Chubb

We end up on the clock with Josh Rosen, Saquon Barkley and Quenton Nelson on the board; I would be thrilled with any of the three. It would also present us with a golden opportunity for to trade down for a king's ransom with a team that wants Rosen. 

I really hope Mayfield goes at #3.  There’s been some hype that Mayfield is the QB the Broncos covet.  

I usually hold it together pretty well on draft day.  Really hasn’t ever been a pick I felt like completely rioting on, but if Mayfield becomes a Bronco with the #5 pick I will go insane.

22 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I really hope Mayfield goes at #3.  There’s been some hype that Mayfield is the QB the Broncos covet.  

I usually hold it together pretty well on draft day.  Really hasn’t ever been a pick I felt like completely rioting on, but if Mayfield becomes a Bronco with the #5 pick I will go insane.

That will make two of us. 

10 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Y’all don’t know anything. I’m convinced 

I think Mayfield has some traits of a successful QB, but I think it's absolutely fair to point to the offense he ran and the defenses he faced as legitimate concerns in his ability to adapt to the pro game, where, at the least, guys will never be as wide open as they were at Oklahoma.

26 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I think Mayfield has some traits of a successful QB, but I think it's absolutely fair to point to the offense he ran and the defenses he faced as legitimate concerns in his ability to adapt to the pro game, where, at the least, guys will never be as wide open as they were at Oklahoma.

I was kidding 

Archived