Broncos rumors

Wolzen

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I have a hard time seeing how drafting him makes sense. We re-signed Todd Davis, Brandon Marshall is entrenched as a starter and we traded for S'ua Cravens. Drafting an ILB in the first round would be hard to justify. I mean I get that Davis and Marshall are both liabilities in coverage but I'm not sure taking LVE would make a ton of sense. 

I can’t wrap my head around the selection either, it would be a head scratcher, but so was re-signing Todd Davis so who knows

4 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I have a hard time seeing how drafting him makes sense. We re-signed Todd Davis, Brandon Marshall is entrenched as a starter and we traded for S'ua Cravens. Drafting an ILB in the first round would be hard to justify. I mean I get that Davis and Marshall are both liabilities in coverage but I'm not sure taking LVE would make a ton of sense. 

Brandon Marshall is surely gone after this season and I've seen it reported that Denver views Su'a Cravens as a Safety. I personally wouldn't be targeting ILB early on if I was in charge, but I do buy into the rumors that Elway and his guys are. I'm leaning towards this in my final mock:

Trade with Buffalo

12. Denzel Ward

22. Leighton Vander Esch

40. Will Hernandez

20 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Brandon Marshall is surely gone after this season and I've seen it reported that Denver views Su'a Cravens as a Safety. I personally wouldn't be targeting ILB early on if I was in charge, but I do buy into the rumors that Elway and his guys are. I'm leaning towards this in my final mock:

Trade with Buffalo

12. Denzel Ward

22. Leighton Vander Esch

40. Will Hernandez

Hernandez will not last till 40 pipe dream got a better chance at esch there.

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Hernandez will not last till 40 pipe dream got a better chance at esch there.

Hernandez isn't guaranteed to go in the first round. Looking at the Guards, you've got Quentin Nelson and Isaiah Wynn going in the first, plus there's some talk of guys like James Daniels, Billy Price and Frank Ragnow sneaking into the late first, maybe even Austin Corbett from Indiana. This draft has a core of about 20 guys that are locked in first round picks, then from 21 through about 55 it's one giant tier of guys. Don't be shocked if we end up getting a player at 40 who is regularly mocked as a first rounder.

41 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Hernandez isn't guaranteed to go in the first round. Looking at the Guards, you've got Quentin Nelson and Isaiah Wynn going in the first, plus there's some talk of guys like James Daniels, Billy Price and Frank Ragnow sneaking into the late first, maybe even Austin Corbett from Indiana. This draft has a core of about 20 guys that are locked in first round picks, then from 21 through about 55 it's one giant tier of guys. Don't be shocked if we end up getting a player at 40 who is regularly mocked as a first rounder.

Hernandez seems like a great fit to many teams in the back half of the first round. Just watch.

4 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Corbett is from Nevada like Joel Bitonio

5 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Don't be shocked if we end up getting a player at 22 who is regularly mocked as a 2nd rounder.  FIFY ;).

I agree though, there's always some clustering from back half of the first to early 2nd.  Back half of the first its the more complete teams looking for a final piece so sometimes more need or system based first round picks.

27 minutes ago, elliot878 said:

Don't be shocked if we end up getting a player at 22 who is regularly mocked as a 2nd rounder.  FIFY ;).

I agree though, there's always some clustering from back half of the first to early 2nd.  Back half of the first its the more complete teams looking for a final piece so sometimes more need or system based first round picks.

Yeah agree. We will reach

Archived