Broncos rumors

Wolzen

17 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I saw a few games of him. His game against SDSU wasn’t good but the other games I saw him play, he looked much better. I’d still prefer a few other rb prospects over him.

What round do you see him going in? If we got 1000 yards out of cj an undrafted free agent this guy I can't imagine.

3 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

We'd be lucky to get a 4th for that package. 

C'mon, both Saunders and Talib could be important pieces to the Falcons, Talib could start and Saunders would be their 3rd receiver at worst. Don't know about a 1st but I could see a 2nd and 4th at worst.

13 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

What round do you see him going in? If we got 1000 yards out of cj an undrafted free agent this guy I can't imagine.

Depends on his combine. He'll probably have a really good combine, but 6-3 is pretty tall for a RB. I mean, 5-10 or 5-11 is the sweet spot. Wouldn't stop me from drafting him, but he's far from my top back. I'd say he's like a Round 4-ish pick.

Guice, Michel, Chubb, Wadley, Scott, Freeman, Penny...I like all of these guys better

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Depends on his combine. He'll probably have a really good combine, but 6-3 is pretty tall for a RB. I mean, 5-10 or 5-11 is the sweet spot. Wouldn't stop me from drafting him, but he's far from my top back. I'd say he's like a Round 4-ish pick.

Guice, Michel, Chubb, Wadley, Scott, Freeman, Penny...I like all of these guys better

Beat me to the punch. I was going to say I’d draft him day 3. There are better options and you mentioned them all.

12 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

C'mon, both Saunders and Talib could be important pieces to the Falcons, Talib could start and Saunders would be their 3rd receiver at worst. Don't know about a 1st but I could see a 2nd and 4th at worst.

Definitely not. Talib is almost certainly getting cut, Sanders' production has dropped significantly, and both are over 30 years old on hefty contracts. 

13 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Talls not so bad. Worked for Eric Dickerson and Adrian Peterson.

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

Talls not so bad. Worked for Eric Dickerson and Adrian Peterson.

I mean, yes, lol, but it also failed for many more than it worked for. It's like saying short QBs are successful because Drew Brees was. There's always exceptions to the rule, but there's a reason many RBs are a little bit smaller.

13 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Mayfield is going to be a Bronco in April. Get your bodies ready.

The hints are there, that's for sure. Really curious to see how many snaps he takes this weekend.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Baker-Mayfield-If-John-Elway-asks-you-to-be-on-his-team-you-dont-say-no/ee2c511f-ce57-47a9-9849-010025d6a881

32 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Not sure. His mom is sick, so he might fly back to be with her.

On 1/25/2018 at 9:13 AM, bMiller031 said:

Definitely not. Talib is almost certainly getting cut, Sanders' production has dropped significantly, and both are over 30 years old on hefty contracts. 

Talib's coming off his 4th Pro Bowl and is still playing at a high level and Saunders, well sure his production declines with who has been throwing to him. Contracts can be renegotiated or restructured, Heard we offered Talib and a 2nd  for Alex Smith, so he does have value. You got your opinion, gotta agree to disagree

3 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Talib's coming off his 4th Pro Bowl and is still playing at a high level and Saunders, well sure his production declines with who has been throwing to him. Contracts can be renegotiated or restructured, Heard we offered Talib and a 2nd  for Alex Smith, so he does have value. You got your opinion, gotta agree to disagree

Both Rappaport & Klis confirmed the Talib/2nd offer was bogus.

If Elway wants to win next year, keeping Talib would be huge. Has seemed unlikely to me, but I frankly think the defense will have a significant drop off without him.

If Ray and Barrett continue their average to slightly above average play that is a mediocre defense IMO 

One rumor I've seen a few times is that Elway and Kubiak really seem to like Rosen, and if he's available he'll be the pick. Some of the chatter makes it seem like Mayfield was impressive, but maybe not the route we will go. Who knows if that's smoke, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we avoided Allen/Mayfield because the development timeline is a bit longer.

Klis also has mentioned Barkley quite a few times as well as Nelson. Could definitely see Barkley being a top target if Cousins is signed.

Archived