Broncos rumors

Wolzen

8 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Rosen is the only QB in the draft that I would be comfortable with taking in the top 5. 

Of the top 5 qbs in the draft which are you comfortable % wise out of 100

For me

Rosen -75% just injury

Darnold- 50% hand size, turnovers, pocket awareness

Allen- 35 %- he's got the arm , and the want to to be the fact of the franchise qb.

Mayfield 20%- size, system are my only issues.

Jackson 20%- most intriguing if he can become a little better at passing than vick.

Cousins 50%  100% comfortable with him having decent level of play. Zero confidence in him being worth that contract. 

5 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

For me

Rosen -75% just injury

Allen- 35 %- he's got the arm , and the want to to be the fact of the franchise qb.

Jackson 20%- most intriguing if he can become a little better at passing than vick.

Cousins 50%  100% comfortable with him having decent level of play. Zero confidence in him being worth that contract. 

I definitely think Rosen is the safest bet at QB.  From a fundamental stand point his rock solid already and played in a pro style system.  Making a selection isn’t a popularity contest and Rosen may end up the best player not only at QB, but the entire draft.  Reminds me so much of Matt Ryan, but his personality has always rubbed me the wrong way.  He’s an entitled P.O.S. to be honest and it’s been backed up by things he’s said/done throughout his college career.  There have been rumors for a few years now that he isn’t well liked by teammates or coaches.  How true they are I have no idea, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s a difficult person to be around.

Even with that, still wouldn’t have an issue drafting him.  He’s going to be good.

Darnold is still my favorite in the draft at QB (honestly my only concern is his hand size) I’d go nuts if he actually ended up a Bronco.  Allen is my 2nd favorite, but it’d be tough to take a chance on him, but wouldn’t fault Elway if he did.

On 2/2/2018 at 8:51 AM, bMiller031 said:

Even if they had offered that (which they obviously didn't), the deal would show just how LITTLE trade value Talib has.

Washington traded a non-pro bowl corner and a 3rd rd pick- if Talib had as much value as you're suggesting, he wouldn't need to be supplemented by a 2nd round pick. 

Do you really think that KC just didn't want a good QB out of the conference let alone in their division ????  And Talib is paid quite handsomely, that had to be looked at in the trade considerations . Shutdown corners in this league are a commodity,

If the Broncos do go the rookie QB, starter from day one route, what are your thoughts on dumping contracts (DT, Sanders, Watson) this season to avoid the dead cap next season? Condense the pain of a rebuild into a single season the way the eagles did last year. We could afford to keep Talib that way (since he still playing to the level of his contract) Frees up $41M for 2019.

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

If the Broncos do go the rookie QB, starter from day one route, what are your thoughts on dumping contracts (DT, Sanders, Watson) this season to avoid the dead cap next season? Condense the pain of a rebuild into a single season the way the eagles did last year. We could afford to keep Talib that way (since he still playing to the level of his contract) Frees up $41M for 2019.

It would be the smart thing to do but I doubt Elway would let his ego throw a year intentionally. Elway is more concerned about showing people he didn't mess up by hiring Joseph when everyone already knows he did. 

17 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Do you really think that KC just didn't want a good QB out of the conference let alone in their division ????  And Talib is paid quite handsomely, that had to be looked at in the trade considerations . Shutdown corners in this league are a commodity,

32 year old corners on big contracts are not hot commodities- hence his limited trade value.

16 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

32 year old corners on big contracts are not hot commodities- hence his limited trade value.

Exactly.  The current rumor is Denver won’t get anything for Talib and he’ll end up getting cut rather than traded.

2 hours ago, germ-x said:

Exactly.  The current rumor is Denver won’t get anything for Talib and he’ll end up getting cut rather than traded.

Our one legit hope is that a team that Talib would never agree to sign for in FA would pay for him (cough, CLE, cough).   Even then, we'd likely get only a Day 3 pick, because of the cap implications - 11M just takes away the value to give up more in a trade...especially when most of the teams know if they wait us out, we'll release him if we need the $.   The one ray of hope is that CLE's Dorsey can be enticed in making such a move and overpay beyond that.   If I'm Elway I'd have him on speed dial, given what he was willing to pay for Alex Smith (2.1 or 2.4 was their offer apparently - which led to the insane bidding war, which WAS "won"...or lost, depending on how you view that lol).   A savvy GM will just wait us out.

On 2/3/2018 at 11:10 AM, thebestever6 said:

For me

Rosen -75% just injury

Rosen: 85% - his personality "issues" I believe are overblown, he's not Jeff George or Jay Cutler. He checks every other box you could want. 

Allen: 60% - he checks every box but the production one. There is NOTHING to not like about his physical and mental makeup. He's Andrew Luck with a stronger arm. But why hasn't he produced? In the Mountain freaking West nonetheless. HUGE red flag. But people said the same about Carson Wentz at NDSU and he would have been MVP this year had he not blown his knee.

Darnold: 50% - there is SO much to like but his red flags - turnovers, throwing motion, USC - are big ones. 

Mayfield: 30% - the stuff I love about him - competitiveness, drive, spirit, toughness, will to win, etc, etc, etc, - I LOVE. But the things I don't like - size, OU offense, maturity, off the field - I HATE. The comparisons to Brees and Wilson are SO off-base I throw up when I hear them; both carried themselves as adults and professionals and came from legitimate offenses. Mayfield is as boom-or-bust a QB prospect as I have ever seen. 

Cousins: 98% - The only issue with Cousins is the cost. That's the only argument against signing him. He will make more than Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. He doesn't deserve to make more than them. Or probably a few others we could all name and discuss and over whom we could debate. But the market is what the market is. We sign him, we have a franchise QB (the most important thing in the game) and thus a chance to compete for a Super Bowl. That's where it ends. It'd be nice if we could have drafted a franchise QB but you play the cards you're dealt. 

8 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Rosen: 85% - his personality "issues" I believe are overblown, he's not Jeff George or Jay Cutler. He checks every other box you could want. 

Allen: 60% - he checks every box but the production one. There is NOTHING to not like about his physical and mental makeup. He's Andrew Luck with a stronger arm. But why hasn't he produced? In the Mountain freaking West nonetheless. HUGE red flag. But people said the same about Carson Wentz at NDSU and he would have been MVP this year had he not blown his knee.

Darnold: 50% - there is SO much to like but his red flags - turnovers, throwing motion, USC - are big ones. 

Mayfield: 30% - the stuff I love about him - competitiveness, drive, spirit, toughness, will to win, etc, etc, etc, - I LOVE. But the things I don't like - size, OU offense, maturity, off the field - I HATE. The comparisons to Brees and Wilson are SO off-base I throw up when I hear them; both carried themselves as adults and professionals and came from legitimate offenses. Mayfield is as boom-or-bust a QB prospect as I have ever seen. 

Cousins: 98% - The only issue with Cousins is the cost. That's the only argument against signing him. He will make more than Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. He doesn't deserve to make more than them. Or probably a few others we could all name and discuss and over whom we could debate. But the market is what the market is. We sign him, we have a franchise QB (the most important thing in the game) and thus a chance to compete for a Super Bowl. That's where it ends. It'd be nice if we could have drafted a franchise QB but you play the cards you're dealt. 

Nothing too crazy with this list you're spot on with Allen very intriguing if only he fell to round 2.

6 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

It's an academic exercise. Knowing what kind of a competitor Elway is, what the Broncos mean to him and how getting back into the playoff conversation is a must for this franchise given Ellis' ineptness as a businessman, I cannot envision it ever happening. They won't just write off an entire season. This (and the 2010 McDisaster) are closet I have ever seen this team to giving up. I'm still shocked Vance kept it his job. Had Mr. B still been in charge instead of pantywaist Ellis, that would never have flown.

10 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

It's an academic exercise. Knowing what kind of a competitor Elway is, what the Broncos mean to him and how getting back into the playoff conversation is a must for this franchise given Ellis' ineptness as a businessman, I cannot envision it ever happening. They won't just write off an entire season. This (and the 2010 McDisaster) are closet I have ever seen this team to giving up. I'm still shocked Vance kept it his job. Had Mr. B still been in charge instead of pantywaist Ellis, that would never have flown.

I think it honestly depends on what rookie QB they land. If you get Rosen, for example, and you believe by Year 2 he'll be developed further and ready to roll, maybe you condense the rebuild to one year and go from there. But a guy like Mayfield? He's going to need talent around him, so you're probably better off not going that route. Just my opinion, anyway.

Archived