Broncos LB Shane Ray Out 6-8 Weeks (Wrist)

Dr LBC

Torn ligament in his wrist.  Honestly, don't expect this to hit the Broncos too badly in the interim, depth aside, as Shaq Barrett was more than solid as the #4 LB last year and arguably could have started on a number of other teams.  Maybe it's the pre-draft Barrett fan in me, but I wouldn't be shocked if this injury ended up costing Ray his starting spot long-term.

Edit: Nvm on Barrett.  Had forgotten about the hip injury he's still recovering from.  Sounds like the Broncos expect both back circa Week 3 against Buffalo.

My first reaction is this won't be a problem for them, but then it hit me that 6-8 weeks will leak into the regular season. Doesn't feel that close yet to me. If both Ray and Barrett are out for the first two weeks, that'll be a tough start. Rivers is a guy you really want to get pressure on, and Dallas's OL is hard enough to deal with healthy.

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

if he does miss the first 2 games, it'll be 2 big games he's missing. vs Chargers and vs Dallas.

I think Denver can manage, but this'll be a tough loss for them early in the season. 

with he and Barrett out, Vontarrius Dora is now the starter?

Kasim Edebali would be the starter but Dora would be the first reserve. 

Any Saints fans who can clue Broncos fans in on what to expect from Edebali?

8 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Kasim Edebali would be the starter but Dora would be the first reserve. 

Any Saints fans who can clue Broncos fans in on what to expect from Edebali?

The Saints are one of the worst pass-rushing teams in the league, and they decided they no longer needed his services. So.......

He's a hard worker, doesn't stand out good or bad. He might get a couple of motor sacks. You could do worse for a few weeks. 

Archived