Trading Earl Thomas

showtime

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I was coming in here to post this.  Apparently they want at least a first rounder, but there are probably no takers.  I'm also assuming that if Thomas got traded to a team that he would sign an extension.

Oh I have no doubt he would certainly get an extension in Dallas.  It's the only other place he really "wants" to be other than Seattle.

1 minute ago, Super4 said:

Oh I have no doubt he would certainly get an extension in Dallas.  It's the only other place he really "wants" to be other than Seattle.

I get the vibe from listening to Thomas that he would play anywhere as long as he gets a long term deal and gets paid.  I think the issue is that giving up a first rounder + having to pay him a big long term deal is too much.  But I like the idea from the Seahawks, if you're going to trade Thomas then get a great deal in return for him.

Just now, showtime said:

I get the vibe from listening to Thomas that he would play anywhere as long as he gets a long term deal and gets paid.  I think the issue is that giving up a first rounder + having to pay him a big long term deal is too much.  But I like the idea from the Seahawks, if you're going to trade Thomas then get a great deal in return for him.

No, that's not what I meant.  He wants to be the highest paid Safety in football for sure.  If any team gave him that kind of a deal, he'd gladly take it... I'm saying there is NO question where he'd prefer to play though.  And that's Seattle first, Dallas second.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Reports out from teh Cowboys side of things though, is that making the room for a contract is what has been holding up the deal... not that actual compensation.

Just now, Super4 said:

No, that's not what I meant.  He wants to be the highest paid Safety in football for sure.  If any team gave him that kind of a deal, he'd gladly take it... I'm saying there is NO question where he'd prefer to play though.  And that's Seattle first, Dallas second.

Ah yes, you're correct.  Seattle and Dallas are the places he would love to be.

I get him wanting to be the highest paid safety, but also I don’t know if that’s what’s best for the team..

Other guys gotta get paid. Wagner is coming up. Clark. Who knows what’s going on with Wilson. 

Idk. We don’t seem to want to spend money on OL so I’m fine with giving that to Thomas. Pissed we don’t spend on OL but the money should go to ET over dudes like Ed Freaking Dickson.

On 3/16/2018 at 4:17 PM, One Punch Man said:

I get him wanting to be the highest paid safety, but also I don’t know if that’s what’s best for the team..

Other guys gotta get paid. Wagner is coming up. Clark. Who knows what’s going on with Wilson. 

Idk. We don’t seem to want to spend money on OL so I’m fine with giving that to Thomas. Pissed we don’t spend on OL but the money should go to ET over dudes like Ed Freaking Dickson.

I hear the frustration loud and clear brother.

Archived